Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] hacked!?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2013
      The main thng is that these sorts of emails ARE obvious. Most don't have a subject line, and the only text is the link.
      I NEVER click through if there's not something clearly personal describing what the heck I'm to look at.
      And the link strings are clearly advert strings.

      A simple look before you click. And maybe not click anyway.
      'Cause, unfortunately, this stuff ain't going away, is it? *sigh*

      BarbJ =sometimes humans make me sad=Tygress

      From: Bill Ellis <zionzr2@...>
      Date: Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:37 PM
      To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>

      Looks like this was a compromised email account. Hackers/Spammer use easy to crack passwords (these passwords are usually short and are words found in the dictionary) to compromise yahoo, hotmail and even gmail accounts to spam everyone on the contacts list without the account holder even knowing it. Changing passwords to stronger password types including symbols and capitols and the longer the better is usually all thats needed to keep this to a minimum.

      On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 7:29 PM, Greg Jewett <geojewett@...> wrote:

      Yeah..

      I hope no one opened this link.   Someone on the list is infected with a virus.

      Greg Jewett
      Geocache/Munzee Handle:  GeoJewett
      (512) 627-7290
      geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
      http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
      http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
      http://www.munzee.com/m/GeoJewett/

      On Jan 6, 2013, at 04:39 PM, manny jimenez wrote:

      http://yimakmuhendislik.com/images/ndold.php?xiwg=xiwg

      --
      Bill
      a.k.a ZionZR2