TPWD Road Trip

  • strontium_87
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2012
      I'm considering taking a road trip starting Sunday to grab several of the Texas Parks and Wildlife TXGCC13 challenge caches. The goal is to reach Palo Duro Canyon SP and grab what I can along the route:

      Inks Lake SP
      Enchanted Rock SNA
      San Angelo SP
      Big Spring SP
      Lake Colorado City SP
      Caprock Canyons SP
      Palo Duro Canyon SP
      Copper Breaks SP
      Abilene SP
      Lake Brownwood SP
      Colorado Bend SP

      I would be camping each night in one of the parks, though I'm not entirely sure where or how far to go each day. I'd also like to pick up caches in each county for the Texas Counties challenge. I realize most everyone is likely busy with Xmas, but wanted to see if anyone might be interested in joining.

      -Rachele (strontium87)
    • Dave Read
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 18, 2012
        Dang. I would love to do this, but I'm taking my younger son to a Cub Scout camp for half the week.

        Good luck, and have a great time!

        Dave
        Team Landshark

        p.s. The nuclear physicist in me loves your geo-name. Are you trying to convey that you're metallic, alkaline and stable? :)

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2012
          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "strontium_87" <strontium87@...> wrote:

          > I'm considering taking a road trip starting Sunday to grab several of the Texas Parks and Wildlife TXGCC13 challenge caches. The goal is to reach Palo Duro Canyon SP and grab what I can along the route:
          >
          > Inks Lake SP
          > Enchanted Rock SNA
          > San Angelo SP
          > Big Spring SP
          > Lake Colorado City SP
          > Caprock Canyons SP
          > Palo Duro Canyon SP
          > Copper Breaks SP
          > Abilene SP
          > Lake Brownwood SP
          > Colorado Bend SP
          >
          > I would be camping each night in one of the parks, though I'm not entirely sure where or how far to go each day. I'd also like to pick up caches in each county for the Texas Counties challenge. I realize most everyone is likely busy with Xmas, but wanted to see if anyone might be interested in joining.

          I AM JEALOUS. That sounds like my kind of road trip. Enjoy!

          -Keith (Indigo Parrish)