Fwd: Submission

  • Greg Jewett
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 10, 2012
      All..

      Since I have not been Geocaching in the park, I would not know how to answer.   Anyone?

      Please respond back to the list and directly to Paul! :-)

      Thanks!

      Greg Jewett
      Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
      (512) 627-7290
      geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
      http://geocaching.ejewett.com/

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Paul Buras <paul.buras@...>
      Subject: Submission
      Date: December 6, 2012 04:52:55 pmCST

      Can you tell me if geocaching has been re-established in Bastrop State Park.  Used to be fantastic before the fire.

      Paul Buras
      Scoutmaster Troop 125

    • Greg Jewett
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 4 10:52 AM
        Who wants to take a stab at this?   I will send her a note if I do not hear from anyone.

        Please copy me on your reply so I know if someone has answered her question! :)

        From: "Jacque Austin" <jsaustin54@...>
        Date: April 4, 2014 at 11:17:34 amCDT

        Hope someone can assist.  I use a Garmin Foretrex 310 for caching.  Just recently updated my Vista system to Google Chrome – if that has any impact.

        At geocaching.com, I download cache waypoints to my gps and done so for several years.  As of Wednesday, the FIND option is inactive and therefore, I cannot download.  I have updated the Communicator exe from Garmin.  Have also updated the plug-in for USB.

        My computer “sees” the Garmin device as drive F, so the computer port is active.

        Help please!  This is very frustrating.
        Thanks!
        TeamBluegrass

      • Janice Veteran
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 4 12:38 PM
          I drag and drop my .gpx file onto the  GPS (F drive in your description).
          I don't ask the gpx to "FIND" the file.
          I use Windows 7.  Using Google Chrome "shouldn't" be a problem, but I have my suspicions.
          jvet

            Message 5 of 12 , May 30, 2014

              Has anyone put up a WWFM event this year?

              Date: May 28, 2014 at 05:59:39 PMCDT

              Hi, I was wondering if you knew if there is going to be a WWFM in the Austin area this year.  I haven’t found an event at the usual places in the Round Rock/Georgetown area.

              Thanks,
              Ann

              Sent from Windows Mail

            • Holly Cooper

                Date: May 28, 2014 at 05:59:39 PMCDT

                --
                Holly Cooper, Ph.D.
                Outreach Deafblind Consultant
                Message 7 of 12 , May 30, 2014
                  All..

                  There is a WWFM article on the “www.geocachingaustin.com” website.   I will update this page with information about ANY WWFM events that are found to be in the “Central Texas Area”.

                  Please spread the word, let me know if you created an event, and I will update the article and add it to the calendar.

                  If anyone has the time, let me know what PQ or Bookmark list you have that has WWFM events and I will post it to the site!

                  Cheers!  Look forward to Flashing with the rest of y’all! :)

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 30, 2014
                      GC54JDX by TattooBarbie
                      GC54NZZ by BGTx.    are two WWFMs and jvet has a breakfast event in between.

                      Esther
                      Sent from my iPhone

                      Date: May 28, 2014 at 05:59:39 PMCDT

                      Hi, I was wondering if you knew if there is going to be a WWFM in the Austin area this year.  I haven’t found an event at the usual places in the Round Rock/Georgetown area.

                      Thanks,
                      Ann

                      Sent from Windows Mail

                      --
                      Holly Cooper, Ph.D.
                      Outreach Deafblind Consultant
                      hollycooper@...
                      512-206-9217

                      Posted by: Greg Jewett <geojewett@...>
                    • Rick Blevins
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 30, 2014
                        For all events, just click on any event in your area, and then select "Nearby Caches of the same Type" and it will tell you all the events that are going on in your area.  Good way to find out what is happening locally.

                        Message 11 of 12 , May 30, 2014
                          There are 3 WWFM Events in downtown Austin on WWFM day.
                          1) Capitol Building at 9:30am
                          2) Central Market on 6th at Lamar at 10am
                          3) Congress St Bridge at Noon.