Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Almost the most expensive single cach e I ev...

  • jestrrrulz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2012
      That IS hysterical!! A friend of mine 'lost' her iPad at the airport after getting off the plane. The horrid thing about it was that it was still in airplane mode and we couldn't locate it. Luckily a super, duper honest man returned it to the gate agent.

      Jeri / JestrRulz

      In a message dated 12/8/2012 10:23:35 A.M. Central Standard Time, gumbietygress@... writes:
      Our tin man had an iphone heart -- we had to unscrew it to retreive the phone.  *I* thought it was hysterical
    • lorierhea@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 8, 2012
        Wow! Thanks guys for all the good info. Looks like Tin Man was playing
        his own cache game, on you tho! That was great! I have my iPhone on 'Do
        Not Disturb' mode most of the time since I work late, so this is another
        thing to turn off although 2 calls will cancel it. Just lost a cheap
        (why I took em) pair of reading glasses yesterday on a cache, and it
        took less than 10 minutes before I noticed them missing. Sure looks like
        I need a Plan C and D also. :))

        Lorie

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 9, 2012
          Yes, well... at least one set of readers has been turned into a travel bug.

          Now, a little moment of protocol for the list -- not a ding. But there are a lot of us here in various stages of participation to lurking. So we know/are reminded who's who, we try to sign off with our real & geocaching names (some people know me only as the Tygress, for example.... and I'm simply lousy at names, myself -- and  I'll remember your geo name before your real one....).
          It's not a critical thing... but helpful. Welcome to caching!

          BarbJ/Tygress

          Wow! Thanks guys for all the good info. Looks like Tin Man was playing
          his own cache game, on you tho! That was great! I have my iPhone on 'Do
          Not Disturb' mode most of the time since I work late, so this is another
          thing to turn off although 2 calls will cancel it. Just lost a cheap
          (why I took em) pair of reading glasses yesterday on a cache, and it
          took less than 10 minutes before I noticed them missing. Sure looks like
          I need a Plan C and D also. :))

          Lorie

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, jestrrrulz@... wrote:

          > That IS hysterical!! A friend of mine 'lost' her iPad at the airport
          after
          > getting off the plane. The horrid thing about it was that it was still
          in
          > airplane mode and we couldn't locate it. Luckily a super, duper honest
          man
          > returned it to the gate agent.
          >
          > Jeri / JestrRulz
          >

          > In a message dated 12/8/2012 10:23:35 A.M. Central Standard Time,
          > gumbietygress@... writes:
          >
          > Our tin man had an iphone heart -- we had to unscrew it to retreive
          the
          > phone. *I* thought it was hysterical

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:

          Woman is 53 But Looks 25
          ConsumerLifestyleMag.com
        • lorierhea@rocketmail.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 12, 2012
            Hi BarbJ/Tygress:

            Thanks so much for your much needed help with protocol. I'll make it
            easy on ya tho. My geo name is the same as my real name. At least it's
            spelled the way it's supposed to. LorieRay is Geo name. Lorie Rhea is
            real one. They both are pronounced the same. Having it spelled Ray to
            begin with would have been way too easy apparently ;))

            I got to meet Ed and Sharon of egsg while finding the 'Stream' cache
            which was the one that caused all this in the first place. While in
            search mode for it, several other people stopped by to relate Rick's
            story with the leaf blower goin all out. Hey Rick, you're famous. Also
            got another guy into geocaching as well. He, like me, didn't know a
            thing about it and couldn't wait to get started.

            Thanks again Barb. I need all the help I can get ;))

            LorieRay/Lorie Rhea

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gumbietygress@..."

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 13, 2012
              No worries... even at our ranking we still need HELP. LOL.
              Come to an event... best way to meet people and get those essential phone-a-friends.
              [unless it's a particularly memorable cache, I'm no good, myself, unless I'm sitting at my database. Sad, but mostly true. Of course, then there's Esther (Bigguy in Texas)....LOL]