Hello I'm a Newbee!

  • michelepain
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 25 3:47 PM
      Well this Geocaching is sure groovy. Thanks to all who have
      hidden caches. I'm having a blast.
      I'm wondering if anyone knows if "The Former Harris Branch
      Stash Cache" by DamYankee is still viable? I tried and tried the
      other day and never found it. Oh well.
      See you at the "do" on Friday the 3rd.
      -ShellyPain
    • rick48cj2a
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2002
        Hi,
        My family and I, known as the StiversClan, have made out first find in
        Live Oak Park and we loved it. We plan in the near future to set up a
        few cache sites of our own in the Schertz area. I was searching
        around and came across this Cache In/Trash Out info and thought it was
        a great idea for this area.
        http://members.aol.com/magicornament/trash_out.html

        It seems that you navigate in to the cache site, drop off some new
        trash bags and take out some old ones and then pick up trash on your
        way out.

        My twist would be to set up the normal toy cache and then make sure to
        keep it also stocked with carefully folded grocery bags that cachers
        could use on their way back out of the parks to help keep things
        clean.

        What do you think?
      • Michele Pain
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2002
          Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Another Newbee! Sound great!
          You sound like you must be in the San Antonio are?
          Michele
          ----------
          From: rick48cj2a <rick48cj2a@...>
          To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Another Newbee!
          Date: Wed, May 1, 2002, 2:34 PM

          http://members.aol.com/magicornament/trash_out.html <http://members.aol.com/magicornament/trash_out.html>

          It seems that you navigate in to the cache site, drop off some new
          trash bags and take out some old ones and then pick up trash on your
          way out.

          My twist would be to set up the normal toy cache and then make sure to
          keep it also stocked with carefully folded grocery bags that cachers
          could use on their way back out of the parks to help keep things
          clean.

          What do you think?

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

        • rick48cj2a
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2002
            Sure are. We just bought a house in Schertz but we have lived in
            Universal City for the last 10 years. I just love this place.

            Rick

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@y..., Michele Pain <mpain@s...> wrote:
            > Sound great!
            > You sound like you must be in the San Antonio are?
            > Michele
            > ----------
            > From: rick48cj2a <rick48cj2a@s...>
            > To: CentralTexasGeocachers@y...
            > Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Another Newbee!
            > Date: Wed, May 1, 2002, 2:34 PM
            >

            > Hi,
            > My family and I, known as the StiversClan, have made out first find
            in
            > Live Oak Park and we loved it. We plan in the near future to set up
            > few cache sites of our own in the Schertz area. I was searching
            > around and came across this Cache In/Trash Out info and thought it
            was
            > a great idea for this area.
            > http://members.aol.com/magicornament/trash_out.html
            > <http://members.aol.com/magicornament/trash_out.html>
            >
            > It seems that you navigate in to the cache site, drop off some new
            > trash bags and take out some old ones and then pick up trash on your
            > way out.
            >
            > My twist would be to set up the normal toy cache and then make sure
            > keep it also stocked with carefully folded grocery bags that cachers
            > could use on their way back out of the parks to help keep things
            > clean.
            >
            > What do you think?
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

            > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
          • web_ling
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3, 2002
              Welcome to the world of geocaaching, StiversClan!

              Here in Fort Worth, T-Storm set up the "Pick It Up, Pack it Out,
              Cache in, Trash Out Cache" It's a two-part multi, with trash bags in
              the first cache, and regular trinkets in the second. The trash bags
              have the geocaching.com logo on them.

              Web-ling

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@y..., "rick48cj2a" <rick48cj2a@s...>