Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Anybody up for a little CITO Event?

  • GrnBeret2B
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 3, 2012
      Can I also point out - by holding a CITO at, or near, GZ, you are revealing the final location of a puzzle cache, which I'm sure wouldn't please Prime.

      I'm going to say no, this CITO isn't a good idea because:
      1. There's question as to legality of the placement of the cache itself (I don't have the final coords, my hastily done solution doesn't feel right, and I don't really have the time to put into a proper solution, so I'm not going to even try to make a definitive statement either way)
        • Those who have the coords could check out the Williamson County GIS map if they so desire (https://gis.wilco.org/countymap/).  I have used GIS maps to identify Private/Public properties in the past, but it's been a while since I used Williamson County's, so I don't have helpful pointers as to how to use it.
      2. I personally don't agree with having an event that reveals, or even hints at, the final location of a puzzle cache.

      Nathaniel/Grn Beret 2B

      On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 1:19 PM, greg <greggo78613@...> wrote:

      I'll put my 2 cents worth in.   It appears on google maps the path to the cache from the cross street to Mays is the ROW for the contiuation of the street that was never built, it connects to the ROW on Mays.  There is private property on either side of the 50 foot ROW.  It appears the cache is about 25 into the private property on one side. You could probably find out from the city of Round Rock if that actually is a ROW, and wether they would mind if we cleaned it up. Just my observation.

      Greg Shumaker
      shumaker

      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 12, 2012
        Thanks for all of the feedback and ideas on my question. I have decided
        not to host a CITO event at the Hugo Site, but will continue to CITO on
        my own every time I am out geocaching.
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 13, 2012
          That said, do consider organizing a CITO to assist a city, regional park, or other organization where the lines of responsibility aren't so murky.

          Best,

          Russ the Waterweasel