Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] chirps

  • Greg Jewett
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 24, 2012
      What is a Chirp ...
      See this link:   https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=74811

      What other Chirps are out there?
      I found a couple in a series in Austin, so here is what I found, there are many more.  Unfortunately there is no PQ capability to locate these, but I am quite sure you can use GSAK to do it, and maybe someone with a good chunk of the Austin area in their DB can do a more extensive search and dump it to an email, or generate a list to share on GC.com.

      Unknown Cache Chirp Series Bonus
      by ATXTracker & PDubATX | GC2GX6A | Texas

      Unknown Cache Chirp Series Blue Jay
      by ATXTracker & PDubATX | GC2GX81 | Texas

      Unknown Cache Chirp Series Oriole
      by ATXTracker & PDubATX | GC2GX8P | Texas

      Unknown Cache Chirp Series Cardinal
      by ATXTracker & PDubATX | GC2GX9Z | Texas

      Unknown Cache Turkey Day Chirp
      by Mh171 | GC41Q2X | Texas
      Unknown Cache Chirp Overlook
      by Chance Encounter | GC2Z0JZ | Texas

      Greg Jewett
      Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
      geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
      http://geocaching.ejewett.com/

      On Nov 24, 2012, at 08:31 AM, Victor Engel wrote:

      What is a chirp?

      On 11/24/12, joseph p <thewoodman1972@...> wrote:
      > i saw the new chirp come up and plan to go get it. the one thing i would
      > like to know what are the other chirps out there. i think there is at least
      > three or more and i did one but would like to take a friend out to do some.
      > can we put a list up of them so others and my self can find and do them.

      Victor Engel
      http://victorspictures.com/blog

      Also please check out my new game blog
      http://swarmsgame.blogspot.com

    • GrnBeret2B
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 24, 2012
        I ran a PQ for caches that have the "Wireless Beacon Required" attribute, and came up with 34.  If cache owners are using attributes like they should, it should have all of them.  There's a couple that don't seem like chirps, but hey.

        I put it all in a bookmark list you should be able to access at http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=4b85d3ec-65e5-4819-b9c0-a815469a77e4

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 24, 2012
          Good work, tech boy! It's so handy to have savvy folks on hand!!!!
          -B/Tygress

          I ran a PQ for caches that have the "Wireless Beacon Required" attribute, and came up with 34. �If cache owners are using attributes like they should, it should have all of them. �There's a couple that don't seem like chirps, but hey.

          I put it all in a bookmark list you should be able to access at�http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=4b85d3ec-65e5-4819-b9c0-a815469a77e4

          On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 4:40 AM, joseph p <thewoodman1972@...> wrote:

          i saw the new chirp come up and plan to go get it. the one thing i would like to know what are the other chirps out there. i think there is at least three or more and i did one but would like to take a friend out to do some. can we put a list up of them so others and my self can find and do them.

          Woman is 53 But Looks 25
          ConsumerLifestyleMag.com