RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Question about finding archived

  • Green Beret
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2012
      caches

      --kNxle4hXDqzPVjqVbOCIO2e7qpNHKpnNoXp1GVN

      Really the only thing you did "wrong" was significantly alter.the cache
      page after it was published. Prime has a serious beef with that
      happening, there's a few instances I know of in the past where events
      were even archived (or he at least threatened to) for the same reason.

      Its not that big a deal in the grand scheme because he has the ability
      to unarchive and you have the ability to repost it (I don't recommend
      doing this without emailing him first). Just point out politely that
      the challenge portion is optional, he may ask you to emphasize that
      more strongly, or remove the challenge wording entirely (until Paul
      pointed it out, I honestly thought it had been changed to a full
      challenge cache myself).

      ~~Nathaniel
      GB2B

      Sent from my Windows Phone From: jdh6603
      Sent: =E2=80=8E11/=E2=80=8E14/=E2=80=8E2012 8:58 PM
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Question about finding archived
      caches
      Sorry if this posts twice...

      It's a long story, but the short is that the cache was archived without not=
      ice. The container is still there, while I'm trying to clear up the confus=
      ion and understand the reviewers objections. I don't think the cache viola=
      tes any guidelines and I'm hopeful I can get it un-archived, perhaps with b=
      etter wording. I have no objection to you logging the find, except that it=
      might be better to wait until after it is active again, so the reviewer do=
      esn't think I'm advocating ignoring his objections.

      If anyone knows a guideline I'm missing, please drop me a hint.

      Happy Caching,
      John (ATXTracker)

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Dave Marquardt <dave.marquar=
      dt.tx@...> wrote:

      > So, I found a cache today. After I got home, I discovered why I hadn't
      > noticed when studying a map on geocaching.com, and that was because the
      > cache had been archived. But at some point in the past few weeks it was =
      in
      > one of my pocket queries and then ended up on my GPSr.
      >=20
      > So, I've logged the cache, and would like to count it, because the cache =
      is
      > still there and I found it. The cache in question is
      > *GC3Y0N3<http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=3Dfb1a678=
      6-f20e-47fb-8f0a-cabb0ea7d123>
      > * [image: Traditional Cache] Walnut Creek Achievement Challenge, and was
      > archived by the Prime Reviewer on 11/9/2012.
      >=20
      > Any thoughts on this? I know we all play the game the way we think is
      > right, and my thought is to go ahead and count this find.
      >=20
      > -Balde Runner
      > (Dave)

      --kNxle4hXDqzPVjqVbOCIO2e7qpNHKpnNoXp1GVN

      <HTML><HEAD>
      <META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8" http-equiv=3DContent-Type></HE=

      <BODY>
      <DIV>
      <DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri,sans-serif">Really the =
      only thing you did "wrong" was significantly alter.the cache page after it =
      was published. Prime has a serious beef with that happening, there's a few =
      instances I know of in the past where events were even archived (or he at l=
      east threatened to) for the same reason.  <BR><BR>Its not that big a d=
      eal in the grand scheme because he has the ability to unarchive and you hav=
      e the ability to repost it (I don't recommend doing this without emailing h=
      im first).  Just point out politely that the challenge portion is opti=
      onal, he may ask you to emphasize that more strongly, or remove the challen=
      ge wording entirely (until Paul pointed it out, I honestly thought it had b=
      een changed to a full challenge cache myself).<BR><BR>~~Nathaniel<BR>GB2B<B=
      R><BR>Sent from my Windows Phone</DIV></DIV>
      <DIV dir=3Dltr>
      <HR>
      <SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri,sans-serif; FONT-WEIGH=
      T: bold">From: </SPAN><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri,=
      sans-serif"><A href=3D"mailto:jdh6603@...">jdh6603</A></SPAN><BR><SPA=
      N style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri,sans-serif; FONT-WEIGHT: b=
      old">Sent: </SPAN><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri,sans=
      -serif">=E2=80=8E11/=E2=80=8E14/=E2=80=8E2012 8:58 PM</SPAN><BR><SPAN style=
      =3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri,sans-serif; FONT-WEIGHT: bold">To=
      : </SPAN><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri,sans-serif"><=
      A href=3D"mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com">CentralTexasGeocac=
      hers@yahoogroups.com</A></SPAN><BR><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAM=
      ILY: Calibri,sans-serif; FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Subject: </SPAN><SPAN style=3D"=
      FONT-SIZE: 11pt; FONT-FAMILY: Calibri,sans-serif">[CentralTexasGeocachers] =
      Re: Question about finding archived caches</SPAN><BR><BR></DIV></BODY></HTM=

      <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/htm=
      l4/strict.dtd">
      <head>
      </head>

      <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStartT|**|-~-->
      <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlEndT|**|-~-->

      =20
      =20
      It's a long story, but the short is that the cache was archived without not=
      ice. The container is still there, while I'm trying to clear up the confus=
      ion and understand the reviewers objections. I don't think the cache viola=
      tes any guidelines and I'm hopeful I can get it un-archived, perhaps with b=
      etter wording. I have no objection to you logging the find, except that it=
      might be better to wait until after it is active again, so the reviewer do=
      esn't think I'm advocating ignoring his objections.<br>
      If anyone knows a guideline I'm missing, please drop me a hint.<br>
      Happy Caching,<br>
      John (ATXTracker)<br>
      --- In <a href=3D"mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com">CentralT=
      exasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com</a>, Dave Marquardt <dave.marquardt.tx@..=
      .> wrote:<br>
      > So, I found a cache today. After I got home, I discovered why I hadn'=
      t<br>
      > noticed when studying a map on geocaching.com, and that was because th=
      e<br>
      > cache had been archived. But at some point in the past few weeks it w=
      as in<br>
      > one of my pocket queries and then ended up on my GPSr.<br>
      > So, I've logged the cache, and would like to count it, because the cac=
      he is<br>
      > still there and I found it. The cache in question is<br>
      > *GC3Y0N3<<a href=3D"http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.as=
      px?guid=3Dfb1a6786-f20e-47fb-8f0a-cabb0ea7d123">http://www.geocaching.com/s=
      eek/cache_details.aspx?guid=3Dfb1a6786-f20e-47fb-8f0a-cabb0ea7d123</a>><=
      br>
      > * [image: Traditional Cache] Walnut Creek Achievement Challenge, and w=
      as<br>
      > archived by the Prime Reviewer on 11/9/2012.<br>
      > Any thoughts on this? I know we all play the game the way we think is=
      > right, and my thought is to go ahead and count this find.<br>
      > -Balde Runner<br>
      > (Dave)<br>

      =20

      <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStart|**|-~-->
      <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlEnd|**|-~-->

      <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlStart|**|-~-->
      <head>
      <!--
      #ygrp-mkp {
      border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
      font-family: Arial;
      margin: 10px 0;
      padding: 0 10px;
      }

      #ygrp-mkp hr {
      border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
      }

      #ygrp-mkp #hd {
      color: #628c2a;
      font-size: 85%;
      font-weight: 700;
      line-height: 122%;
      margin: 10px 0;
      }

      #ygrp-mkp #ads {
      margin-bottom: 10px;
      }

      #ygrp-mkp .ad {
      padding: 0 0;
      }

      #ygrp-mkp .ad p {
      margin: 0;
      }

      #ygrp-mkp .ad a {
      color: #0000ff;
      text-decoration: none;
      }
      #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc {
      font-family: Arial;
      }

      #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd {
      margin: 10px 0px;
      font-weight: 700;
      font-size: 78%;
      line-height: 122%;
      }

      #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad {
      margin-bottom: 10px;
      padding: 0 0;
      }

      #actions {
      font-family: Verdana;
      font-size: 11px;
      padding: 10px 0;
      }

      #activity {
      background-color: #e0ecee;
      float: left;
      font-family: Verdana;
      font-size: 10px;
      padding: 10px;
      }

      #activity span {
      font-weight: 700;
      }

      #activity span:first-child {
      text-transform: uppercase;
      }

      #activity span a {
      color: #5085b6;
      text-decoration: none;
      }

      #activity span span {
      color: #ff7900;
      }

      #activity span .underline {
      text-decoration: underline;
      }

      .attach {
      clear: both;
      display: table;
      font-family: Arial;
      font-size: 12px;
      padding: 10px 0;
      width: 400px;
      }

      .attach div a {
      text-decoration: none;
      }

      .attach img {
      border: none;
      padding-right: 5px;
      }

      .attach label {
      display: block;
      margin-bottom: 5px;
      }

      .attach label a {
      text-decoration: none;
      }
      =20
      blockquote {
      margin: 0 0 0 4px;
      }

      .bold {
      font-family: Arial;
      font-size: 13px;
      font-weight: 700;
      }

      .bold a {
      text-decoration: none;
      }

      dd.last p a {
      font-family: Verdana;
      font-weight: 700;
      }

      dd.last p span {
      margin-right: 10px;
      font-family: Verdana;
      font-weight: 700;
      }

      dd.last p span.yshortcuts {
      margin-right: 0;
      }

      div.attach-table div div a {
      text-decoration: none;
      }

      div.attach-table {
      width: 400px;
      }

      div.file-title a, div.file-title a:active, div.file-title a:hover, div.fi=
      le-title a:visited {
      text-decoration: none;
      }

      div.photo-title a, div.photo-title a:active, div.photo-title a:hover, div=
      .photo-title a:visited {
      text-decoration: none;
      }

      div#ygrp-mlmsg #ygrp-msg p a span.yshortcuts {
      font-family: Verdana;
      font-size: 10px;
      font-weight: normal;
      }

      .green {
      color: #628c2a;
      }

      .MsoNormal {
      margin: 0 0 0 0;
      }

      o {
      font-size: 0;
      }

      #photos div {
      float: left;
      width: 72px;
      }

      #photos div div {
      border: 1px solid #666666;
      height: 62px;
      overflow: hidden;
      width: 62px;
      }

      #photos div label {
      color: #666666;
      font-size: 10px;
      overflow: hidden;
      text-align: center;
      white-space: nowrap;
      width: 64px;
      }

      #reco-category {
      font-size: 77%;
      }

      #reco-desc {
      font-size: 77%;
      }

      .replbq {
      margin: 4px;
      }

      #ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
      /* border-right: 0px solid #000;*/
      margin-right: 2px;
      padding-right: 5px;
      }

      #ygrp-mlmsg {
      font-size: 13px;
      font-family: Arial, helvetica,clean, sans-serif;
      *font-size: small;
      *font: x-small;
      }

      #ygrp-mlmsg table {
      font-size: inherit;
      font: 100%;
      }

      #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {
      font: 99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;
      }

      #ygrp-mlmsg pre, code {
      font:115% monospace;
      *font-size:100%;
      }

      #ygrp-mlmsg * {
      line-height: 1.22em;
      }

      #ygrp-mlmsg #logo {
      padding-bottom: 10px;
      }

      #ygrp-msg p a {
      font-family: Verdana;
      }

      #ygrp-msg p#attach-count span {
      color: #1E66AE;
      font-weight: 700;
      }

      #ygrp-reco #reco-head {
      color: #ff7900;
      font-weight: 700;
      }

      #ygrp-reco {
      margin-bottom: 20px;
      padding: 0px;
      }

      #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a {
      font-size: 130%;
      text-decoration: none;
      }

      #ygrp-sponsor #ov li {
      font-size: 77%;
      list-style-type: square;
      padding: 6px 0;
      }=20

      #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul {
      margin: 0;
      padding: 0 0 0 8px;
      }

      #ygrp-text {
      font-family: Georgia;
      }

      #ygrp-text p {
      margin: 0 0 1em 0;
      }

      #ygrp-text tt {
      font-size: 120%;
      }

      #ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {
      border-right: none !important;=20
      }=20
      -->
      </head>

      <!--~-|**|PrettyHtmlEnd|**|-~-->
      <!-- end group email -->

      --kNxle4hXDqzPVjqVbOCIO2e7qpNHKpnNoXp1GVN--