Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Article in Austin American Statesman

  • Melanie Dickerman
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 12, 2012
      I looked through the paper twice and didn't see it either.

      Melanie

      On Nov 12, 2012, at 15:07, Jay Bingham <binghamjc@...> wrote:

      Tom,

      I looked for the article in the paper but could not find it, I am not saying that it was not there, just saying I did not see it.

      --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 13, 2012
        Apparently it's in today's (Tuesday 11/13)
        I haven't seen it yet -- but Russ commented, "Ah, here it is."
        -B/Tygress

        I looked for the article in the paper but could not find it, I am not saying that it was not there, just saying I did not see it.

        --| Jay /\\ Bing-GTX
        |+| Georgetown, TX USA

        So did anyone see the article in Sunday's (Nov 11) Austin American Statesman that talked about geocaching? Were there any pictures? Here's a link to the online version that doesn't have any: http://www.statesman.com/news/news/state-parks-confront-longtime-nemesis-digital-age/nS3kj/

        EWB - Tom

        Woman is 57 But Looks 27
        ConsumerLifestyles.org
      • Peter K. Simmang
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 13, 2012
          It's in this morning's Austin paper, page B1.  There is one picture with the article:  "from left: Robbie Ruiz, 7, Laurel Dickerson, 10, and Avery Dickerson, 7, explore the contents of a cache during a Geocaching class Saturday at Buescher State Park in Smithville."  Photo by Ashley Landis.

          Peter/pksimmang

          On Nov 12, 2012, at 15:09, Melanie Dickerman <acclanmangroups@...> wrote:

          I looked through the paper twice and didn't see it either.

          Melanie

          On Nov 12, 2012, at 15:07, Jay Bingham <binghamjc@...> wrote:

          Tom,

          I looked for the article in the paper but could not find it, I am not saying that it was not there, just saying I did not see it.

          --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX
          |+| Georgetown , TX USA

          So did anyone see the article in Sunday's (Nov 11) Austin American Statesman that talked about geocaching? Were there any pictures? Here's a link to the online version that doesn't have any: http://www.statesman.com/news/news/state-parks-confront-longtime-nemesis-digital-age/nS3kj/

          EWB - Tom

        • Green Beret
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 13, 2012
            Yep, its on b1 and 3.  One picture from an outdoor family class at Buescher SP.

            ~~Nathaniel

            Sent from my Windows Phone

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 13, 2012
              I looked at the article.  The online version matched the paper version.  No other pictures.

              Greg Jewett
              Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
              (512) 627-7290
              geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com