Geosphere Speed on iPhone 5 vs. 4

  • Matt Wilson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2012

      For any iPhone 4 users considering an iPhone 5 upgrade for caching, I recorded the following video clip that compares the GPX import speed on my old iPhone 4 compared to my new iPhone 5.  Both phones have exact same image, were freshly reboot, had Geosphere pre-loaded, and this particular GPX already imported just prior to re-running the import for this video.  In other words, what you’re about to witness is the actual difference in processing speed:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o31Ynz9AuvE&feature=g-upl

      Makes me want to do an iPhone 4S comparison, but I don’t have access to one of those unfortunately.

      Cheers,

      Matt / Kemis

    • Greg Jewett
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2012
        I do.  Maybe we can get together and see.   I would not mind see an iPhone 5.

        Greg Jewett
        Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
        (512) 627-7290
        geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
        http://geocaching.ejewett.com/

        On Oct 4, 2012, at 06:32 am, Matt Wilson wrote:

        For any iPhone 4 users considering an iPhone 5 upgrade for caching, I recorded the following video clip that compares the GPX import speed on my old iPhone 4 compared to my new iPhone 5.  Both phones have exact same image, were freshly reboot, had Geosphere pre-loaded, and this particular GPX already imported just prior to re-running the import for this video.  In other words, what you’re about to witness is the actual difference in processing speed:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o31Ynz9AuvE&feature=g-upl

        Makes me want to do an iPhone 4S comparison, but I don’t have access to one of those unfortunately.

        Cheers,

        Matt / Kemis

      • GrnBeret2B
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2012
          I assume that the iPhone 5 is the one on the left?  It's hard to tell based on screensize, they look pretty close to the same.

          Are you sure that network status isn't affecting the processing speed?  I notice that the one on the right says "No Network".  I know that it *shouldn't* matter, but you never know...

          Cool comparison nonetheless.

          ~~Nathaniel
          a.k.a. Grn Beret 2B