Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Possible replacement for film cans

  • Greg Jewett
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 28 3:29 PM
      I am going through a lot of back logged email.

      Does anyone want to help write an article, maybe even with pictures I will publish to the website.  It would be awesome! :)

      Greg Jewett
      Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
      (512) 627-7290
      geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
      http://geocaching.ejewett.com/

      On Mar 2, 2012, at 06:39 , Bill Ellis wrote:

      I have made a handful of these containers and performed a couple of tests.

      Test one was somewhat accidental but still proved to be an effective test.  I had a Drop test from over 15 feet with empty contents. The container hit a bed of smooth stones and stayed completely intact.

      Test 2 was a water submerge test.  I placed a several coins wraped in toilet paper inside the cache then submerged half way under water and left for well over an hour possibly 2 hours.  The tissue inside remained completely dry. There was ZERO water penetration.

      These tests proved to me they were ready for deployment for real world testing. One has already been deployed and awaiting publishing.

      I hope you Enjoy as you see these appear out in the wild.

      On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 11:00 AM, Jay Bingham <binghamjc@...> wrote:

      I made some cache containers last night using the Loctite Vinyl, Fabric and Plastic Adhesive. It works great, now to see how it holds up in the environment.

      --| Jay / Bing-GTX