Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Talk Like A Pirate Geocacher

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 19, 2012
      Actually, the BBQ isn't much different than Texas.  Mel and Trey, dyed in the wool Texans, like it a lot.

      Russ

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 19, 2012
        The Dudes are hoping to be there, and we'll be enjoying some of the
        vegetarian options on the menu: baked potato, steamed veggies and
        a plain house salad.

        We'll likely be having a brownie a la mode, to help prevent the
        scurvy! Argggg!

        -paul
        HiDude_98

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 19, 2012
          They be servin' up gumbo, too, as I recall.
          Lots of grub t' wash down yer grog.

          BarbJ/Tygress

          After almost seven years here I'm gradually getting used to the ubiquitous and many times superflous use of pepper and spices in just about every food you can name, but I don't think my taste buds are quite ready for "Louisiana style BBQ". The swamp stompers need to stick to gumbo and leave BBQ to the experts.

          Maybe I'm just having a bad Arrrghh day?

          Alex - Slytherin.

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Russ Jernigan <waterweasel@...> wrote:

          > Hi!
          >
          > Just a reminder that Barb (aka Tygress) and I will be hosting an event on Wed. September 19th to celebrate International Talk Like A Pirate Day.  6 PM at the VooDoo BBQ and Grill in Round Rock.  Get your "Aaaargghh!" on and come!
          >
          > http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=c8e5ee8a-673f-4a5c-8591-b1a2f8d9f2e0
          >
          > Russ the Waterweasel

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional