Talk Like A Pirate Geocacher

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 13, 2012
      Hi!

      Just a reminder that Barb (aka Tygress) and I will be hosting an event on Wed. September 19th to celebrate International Talk Like A Pirate Day. 6 PM at the VooDoo BBQ and Grill in Round Rock. Get your "Aaaargghh!" on and come!

      http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=c8e5ee8a-673f-4a5c-8591-b1a2f8d9f2e0

      Russ the Waterweasel
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 13, 2012
        There'll be bonnie py-RATE-ical swag & doorprizes, mateys.... just sayin'
        T-AYE-gress ARGH!
        (Maybe I'll be a steampunk pirate this year)

        Just a reminder that Barb (aka Tygress) and I will be hosting an event on Wed. September 19th to celebrate International Talk Like A Pirate Day.  6 PM at the VooDoo BBQ and Grill in Round Rock.  Get your "Aaaargghh!" on and come!

        http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=c8e5ee8a-673f-4a5c-8591-b1a2f8d9f2e0

        Russ the Waterweasel

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

        Woman is 53 But Looks 25
        ConsumerLifestyleMag.com
      • alex
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 19, 2012
          After almost seven years here I'm gradually getting used to the ubiquitous and many times superflous use of pepper and spices in just about every food you can name, but I don't think my taste buds are quite ready for "Louisiana style BBQ". The swamp stompers need to stick to gumbo and leave BBQ to the experts.

          Maybe I'm just having a bad Arrrghh day?

          Alex - Slytherin.

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 19, 2012
            Actually, the BBQ isn't much different than Texas.  Mel and Trey, dyed in the wool Texans, like it a lot.

            Russ

            After almost seven years here I'm gradually getting used to the ubiquitous and many times superflous use of pepper and spices in just about every food you can name, but I don't think my taste buds are quite ready for "Louisiana style BBQ". The swamp stompers need to stick to gumbo and leave BBQ to the experts.

            Maybe I'm just having a bad Arrrghh day?

            Alex - Slytherin.

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Russ Jernigan <waterweasel@...> wrote:

            > Hi!
            >
            > Just a reminder that Barb (aka Tygress) and I will be hosting an event on Wed. September 19th to celebrate International Talk Like A Pirate Day. 6 PM at the VooDoo BBQ and Grill in Round Rock. Get your "Aaaargghh!" on and come!
            >
            > http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=c8e5ee8a-673f-4a5c-8591-b1a2f8d9f2e0
            >
            > Russ the Waterweasel

          • Paul Albers
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 19, 2012
              The Dudes are hoping to be there, and we'll be enjoying some of the
              vegetarian options on the menu: baked potato, steamed veggies and
              a plain house salad.

              We'll likely be having a brownie a la mode, to help prevent the
              scurvy! Argggg!

              -paul
              HiDude_98

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 19, 2012
                They be servin' up gumbo, too, as I recall.
                Lots of grub t' wash down yer grog.

                BarbJ/Tygress