a little rant (TB requests)

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6 7:28 AM
      So, I'm going through the list of to be discovereds from Saturday's events (thank you, THANK YOU, Esther, for doing this) and I have to admit, I'm Disappointed.
      A fair number of these TBs have IN THEIR MISSION: "Please take photos."
      But you look at the gallery and there are two -- both by the TB owner.

      COME ON, PEOPLE. You get the icon, at least pop up a picture.
      Sure, it takes some extra time -- but if it were YOUR TB wouldn't you want more than a 'saw this, thanks'? Especially if it came all the way from Germany? Or Italy?
      Even waymarkers (who some of you like to disparage as weenies) post pictures with their logs. Technically every one!

      Yeah, I do treat logging as part of the game, not an onerous task, even when it does get onerous.

      BarbJ =come on, play the game for the TB & Cache Owners, too!= Tygress

      Woman is 53 But Looks 25
      ConsumerLifestyleMag.com
    • shawnolsen@aol.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6 8:21 AM
          Then my rant's work is done. =smile=
          B/Tygress

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 6 6:34 PM

            TFTR

            Seriously, it is much appreciated by the TB owners. Some of you will remember a TB attached to a kangaroo that came through the area a year or so ago. I remembered to take pictures of that one on most of the caches that I took it to. The owner sent me a nice email about the TB with some information that was not on the TB page. It made my day to know that I had helped out.

            --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX
            |+| Georgetown , TX USA

            So, I'm going through the list of to be discovereds from Saturday's events (thank you, THANK YOU, Esther, for doing this) and I have to admit, I'm Disappointed.

            A fair number of these TBs have IN THEIR MISSION: "Please take photos."

            But you look at the gallery and there are two -- both by the TB owner.

            COME ON, PEOPLE. You get the icon, at least pop up a picture.

            Sure, it takes some extra time -- but if it were YOUR TB wouldn't you want more than a 'saw this, thanks'? Especially if it came all the way from Germany ? Or Italy ?

            Even waymarkers (who some of you like to disparage as weenies) post pictures with their logs. Technically every one!

            Yeah, I do treat logging as part of the game, not an onerous task, even when it does get onerous.

            BarbJ =come on, play the game for the TB & Cache Owners, too!= Tygress

            Woman is 53 But Looks 25
            ConsumerLifestyleMag.com

          • electric_water_boy
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 11 9:39 AM
              I've had fun taking pictures for a few bugs I have found. First one that comes to mind is Tako. And what's sad is I just looked up the poor dude and it appears he was muggled. Good thing I took a whole bunch of pictures of him. Go look - TB2HPP0

              EWB