Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Logging Blunders...???

  • Mrs. Captain Picard
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 3, 2012
      That's more of a FINDING BLUNDER to me!

      LOL!

      Cheers,

      On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 9:26 PM, Stormie Reed <sandstorm_62@...> wrote:

      Is it a logging blunder when you have to log a find on one of your own hidden caches? Yelp I am guilty, but in my defence I had a couple of out of towners logging they couldn't find it on their cellphone and I was replying and when I realize they were still there and I was only 1 mile away. So met up with them and sure enough the cache was not in it GZ but about 42' from it. Well make a long story short the last cacher thought my gps was way off and moved it to where their gps said it should be.

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 3, 2012
        *SIGH*
        Though some of mine have a grand time going invisible within a 10 foot radius. It's good practice.
        -B/Tygress

        Is it a logging blunder when you have to log a find on one of your own hidden caches? Yelp I am guilty, but in my defence I had a couple of out of towners logging they couldn't find it on their cellphone and I was replying and when I realize they were still there and I was only 1 mile away. So met up with them and sure enough the cache was not in it GZ but about 42' from it. Well make a long story short the last cacher thought my gps was way off and moved it to where their gps said it should be.

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

        Woman is 53 But Looks 25
        ConsumerLifestyleMag.com
      • Esther Lopez
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 3, 2012
          About 2 weeks ago I had to use the PAF option on one of MY OWN CACHES! Yup, they even sent me a picture of where they had found it and I STILL had trouble locating it. I can attest that it was NOT where I had put it! I was so upset and HOT (100 degrees out) that I almost took a smiley for finally finding it!
          Instead I archived the original hide and rehid it in another spot and in a bit different container. I figured why should I be the only one suffering over the cache.
          Now everyone can come back and do it all over again!!!!!!!!

          I know that is not really a logging blunder, but it is one of the MANY reasons that I joined the ISAG (I suck at geocaching!) yahoo group!

          Esther/BGTx

          Is it a logging blunder when you have to log a find on one of your own hidden caches? Yelp I am guilty, but in my defence I had a couple of out of towners logging they couldn't find it on their cellphone and I was replying and when I realize they were still there and I was only 1 mile away. So met up with them and sure enough the cache was not in it GZ but about 42' from it. Well make a long story short the last cacher thought my gps was way off and moved it to where their gps said it should be.

        • Jay Bingham
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 4, 2012

            Now Ester I don’t believe for one minute that you are a bona fide member of ISAG.

            --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 4, 2012
              Jay, at any moment on any day, we could ALL be bonafided members of ISAG. I think that is one of the many reasons that I love geocaching....sometimes it kicks your butt!