Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Mapping program

  • jestrrrulz@aol.com
    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 31, 2012
      Actually it optimizes the entire route.  For example, say you are house hunting (for a separate example) and you want to visit 10 houses. You enter in the addresses and the start location.  Optimize. It then tells you the best route to take.

      Where the issue comes in with waypoints is that they all don't have "roads". So you can't optimize routes through a park.

      Jeri / JestrRulz

      In a message dated 8/31/2012 11:22:01 A.M. Central Daylight Time, brillig@... writes:
      > In any event, it sounds like MCP was not saying that Streets and Trips will
      > optimize the entire path through all the waypoints, just that it optimizes
      > the path between each pair of waypoints. I think it probably assumes you
      > entered or numbered the waypoints in the order in which you wish to
      > traverse
    • Barry
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 5, 2012
        Who wants to grab a couple of mountain top virtuals with my wife and I?
        (And any other "easy" ones along the way...)

        GCGQXN  (The Big House) &
        GC4EEF (Guadalupe Peak)

        Sept 16 & 17

        Barry Watson, MSgt, USAF (Retired)

        aka Doc Geo (Geocaching)

        aka Much, The Miller's Son (Renaissance)

        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 6, 2012
          This works pretty nicely. I just had to make a spreadsheet of my PQs and send it to the website, and got back a Google map with nifty colored circles of all my PQs. Thanks.

          Mike