You can meet geocachers in the most unexpected places!

  • Vicki L. Almstrum
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2012
      It was a nice surprise today as I arrived at Austin High to run an
      errand (having recently graduated to being the mother of a freshman
      there) to encounter a face I knew from the Central Texas geocaching
      community! Gadget Girl (Tanya) was helping a friend who teaches
      geography give the students a hands-on experience with latitude and
      longitude. It was fun to see the students running around working with
      the coordinates pre-entered in the GPS devices they were using.
      Unfortunately, although my daughter (FG1) was in geography at that
      hour, it wasn't the class that enjoyed the expert geocaching
      assistance from Gadget Girl!

      Gotta love the applications of this game!!

      -- Vicki (FG2 in FiedoGang)