Need LOTS of help!!!!!

  • electric_water_boy
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 5 7:54 PM
      Grab something to drink, you'll be reading a while....

      Let's start with the two easy jobs.

      First, I would like someone to volunteer to post up the events in the CenTex area on the TXGA forum. You don't have to attend these events, just post that it is occuring. This is an easy job.

      Second, on the TXGA forum and probably on Facebook, you'll see a new contest starting. Each region will need a judge. Judges won't have to leave their house (though they probably should!) Watch for more details - and then volunteer to be our judge. BTW - It cannot be me.

      Texas Challenge 2013 Friday Night Event
      We've been asked to handle the Friday night event for Texas Challenge 2013. This isn't unprecedented - Ester did it in San Angelo. I'm going to the planning meeting next weekend. If you're interested, feel free to go too. I'll need a few volunteers to help with this. Besides some of the usual events I'm thinking maybe a piggy perch fishing contest for kids, and for adults maybe a GSAK 101 Class or what does GSAK 8 do (and not do).

      Texas Challenge 2014
      We don't just get the Friday Night Event, but we're getting the whole thing. Thought we had one more year because of a new region, but we're next. I have never been involved in planning one of these things (Oh MCP!!!). And it'll be discussed at the next TXGA Board Meeting how much involvement the regional reps will have in planning. It's not going to hurt my feelings if I'm not heading this up! As far as that goes, I really don't have to be capatin of the team should anyone want that crazy job!

      So as you can see, I need a lot of help. Be thinking about how you can help and then volunteer!

      EWB - Tom
    • electric_water_boy
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 8 9:05 AM
        Haven't heard boo from anyone on any of this, which has me a bit concerned. Anyone?????

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "electric_water_boy" <electric_water_boy@...> wrote:

        > Grab something to drink, you'll be reading a while....
        >
        > Let's start with the two easy jobs.
        >
        > First, I would like someone to volunteer to post up the events in the CenTex area on the TXGA forum. You don't have to attend these events, just post that it is occuring. This is an easy job.
        >
        > Second, on the TXGA forum and probably on Facebook, you'll see a new contest starting. Each region will need a judge. Judges won't have to leave their house (though they probably should!) Watch for more details - and then volunteer to be our judge. BTW - It cannot be me.
        >
        > Texas Challenge 2013 Friday Night Event
        > We've been asked to handle the Friday night event for Texas Challenge 2013. This isn't unprecedented - Ester did it in San Angelo. I'm going to the planning meeting next weekend. If you're interested, feel free to go too. I'll need a few volunteers to help with this. Besides some of the usual events I'm thinking maybe a piggy perch fishing contest for kids, and for adults maybe a GSAK 101 Class or what does GSAK 8 do (and not do).
        >
        > Texas Challenge 2014
        > We don't just get the Friday Night Event, but we're getting the whole thing. Thought we had one more year because of a new region, but we're next. I have never been involved in planning one of these things (Oh MCP!!!). And it'll be discussed at the next TXGA Board Meeting how much involvement the regional reps will have in planning. It's not going to hurt my feelings if I'm not heading this up! As far as that goes, I really don't have to be capatin of the team should anyone want that crazy job!
        >
        > So as you can see, I need a lot of help. Be thinking about how you can help and then volunteer!
        >
        > EWB - Tom

      • Denise Vajdak
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 8 12:14 PM
          Since they need all the revenue they can get, what about Bastrop SP?

          Denise E. Vajdak  ><>  (aka NativTxn)
          http://tx.ag/denise

          AdvoCare Independent Distributor

          On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 11:05 AM, electric_water_boy <electric_water_boy@...> wrote:

          Haven't heard boo from anyone on any of this, which has me a bit concerned. Anyone?????

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "electric_water_boy" <electric_water_boy@...> wrote:

          > Grab something to drink, you'll be reading a while....
          >
          > Let's start with the two easy jobs.
          >
          > First, I would like someone to volunteer to post up the events in the CenTex area on the TXGA forum. You don't have to attend these events, just post that it is occuring. This is an easy job.
          >
          > Second, on the TXGA forum and probably on Facebook, you'll see a new contest starting. Each region will need a judge. Judges won't have to leave their house (though they probably should!) Watch for more details - and then volunteer to be our judge. BTW - It cannot be me.
          >
          > Texas Challenge 2013 Friday Night Event
          > We've been asked to handle the Friday night event for Texas Challenge 2013. This isn't unprecedented - Ester did it in San Angelo. I'm going to the planning meeting next weekend. If you're interested, feel free to go too. I'll need a few volunteers to help with this. Besides some of the usual events I'm thinking maybe a piggy perch fishing contest for kids, and for adults maybe a GSAK 101 Class or what does GSAK 8 do (and not do).
          >
          > Texas Challenge 2014
          > We don't just get the Friday Night Event, but we're getting the whole thing. Thought we had one more year because of a new region, but we're next. I have never been involved in planning one of these things (Oh MCP!!!). And it'll be discussed at the next TXGA Board Meeting how much involvement the regional reps will have in planning. It's not going to hurt my feelings if I'm not heading this up! As far as that goes, I really don't have to be capatin of the team should anyone want that crazy job!
          >
          > So as you can see, I need a lot of help. Be thinking about how you can help and then volunteer!
          >
          > EWB - Tom

        • Jestr
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 8 12:50 PM
            Could you define from which region you are looking for people? Central or south? I was slightly confused at which is hosting what.

            Thanks
            Jeri / JestrRulz

            On Aug 8, 2012, at 11:05 AM, "electric_water_boy" <electric_water_boy@...> wrote:

            > Haven't heard boo from anyone on any of this, which has me a bit concerned. Anyone?????
          • Mrs. Captain Picard
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 8 8:30 PM
              I was just waiting for the chill to stop running down my spine!  LOL!

              We'll talk soon.

              On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 11:05 AM, electric_water_boy <electric_water_boy@...> wrote:

              Haven't heard boo from anyone on any of this, which has me a bit concerned. Anyone?????

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "electric_water_boy" <electric_water_boy@...> wrote:

              > Grab something to drink, you'll be reading a while....
              >
              > Let's start with the two easy jobs.
              >
              > First, I would like someone to volunteer to post up the events in the CenTex area on the TXGA forum. You don't have to attend these events, just post that it is occuring. This is an easy job.
              >
              > Second, on the TXGA forum and probably on Facebook, you'll see a new contest starting. Each region will need a judge. Judges won't have to leave their house (though they probably should!) Watch for more details - and then volunteer to be our judge. BTW - It cannot be me.
              >
              > Texas Challenge 2013 Friday Night Event
              > We've been asked to handle the Friday night event for Texas Challenge 2013. This isn't unprecedented - Ester did it in San Angelo. I'm going to the planning meeting next weekend. If you're interested, feel free to go too. I'll need a few volunteers to help with this. Besides some of the usual events I'm thinking maybe a piggy perch fishing contest for kids, and for adults maybe a GSAK 101 Class or what does GSAK 8 do (and not do).
              >
              > Texas Challenge 2014
              > We don't just get the Friday Night Event, but we're getting the whole thing. Thought we had one more year because of a new region, but we're next. I have never been involved in planning one of these things (Oh MCP!!!). And it'll be discussed at the next TXGA Board Meeting how much involvement the regional reps will have in planning. It's not going to hurt my feelings if I'm not heading this up! As far as that goes, I really don't have to be capatin of the team should anyone want that crazy job!
              >
              > So as you can see, I need a lot of help. Be thinking about how you can help and then volunteer!
              >
              > EWB - Tom

            • electric_water_boy
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 9 5:40 AM
                I'm looking for Central Texas people.

                South Texas is hosting Texas Challenge 2013, but they have asked us to take care of the Friday night event.

                Central Texas is hosting Texas Challenge 2014.

                I would like to have someone who would take care of putting the Central Texas events of the TXGA forum.

                And there will be a new contest coming up that will need judges from each region.

                EWB - Tom

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 14 5:44 AM
                  Just a reminder that I'm looking for some volunteers. No one has volunteered to do the posting of events or to be a judge for the contest.

                  I want to have an event sometime soon in the Austin area to talk about the many things we can do for the Friday night event at TC2013.

                  And it's definitely not too soon to start talking about where TC2014 will be. It would be really cool if we could announce where at the end of TC2013. Where is going to depend on where we can find a place that will have us, and where we can have some people volunteer to be the hide team.

                  EWB - Tom

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "electric_water_boy" <electric_water_boy@...> wrote:

                  > I'm looking for Central Texas people.
                  >
                  > South Texas is hosting Texas Challenge 2013, but they have asked us to take care of the Friday night event.
                  >
                  > Central Texas is hosting Texas Challenge 2014.
                  >
                  > I would like to have someone who would take care of putting the Central Texas events of the TXGA forum.
                  >
                  > And there will be a new contest coming up that will need judges from each region.
                  >
                  > EWB - Tom
                  >
                  > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Jestr <jestrrrulz@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Could you define from which region you are looking for people? Central or south? I was slightly confused at which is hosting what.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks
                  > > Jeri / JestrRulz
                  > >
                  > > On Aug 8, 2012, at 11:05 AM, "electric_water_boy" <electric_water_boy@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > > Haven't heard boo from anyone on any of this, which has me a bit concerned. Anyone?????

                • gadget_gurrl
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 21 5:17 AM
                    Sorry, I don't get on the forums much and am pretty out of touch with the "caching world" these days, BUT today I am on and I am willing to help out in some areas, but I am not sure about the dates you are needing volunteers? I would be interested in being a judge, but am not sure when and where you need a judge? Depending on dates and location, I could be available. I don't know the dates of the TC's coming up, I do recall they are typically one of the weekends near spring breaks? So if you can direct me to a website to learn more, I will scope it out!

                    Hi everyone! I miss you!!!!!
                    love,
                    Tanya
                    (aka: Gadget Girl)

                    ps. Jeri, where do you live SOUTH???? Lets go caching!!!!