Road trip up to Canada and back

  • dirich92@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2012
      Just checking to see if you all know of any must-do caches for our summer road trip. We're planning on hitting our last 4 states before Hawaii. That is KS, NE, SD, ND, and while we're up there, we might as well get SK and MB as well.

      Highlights of our trip:
      I-35 to Wichita, KS.
      Cawker City, KS for the giant ball of twine (!!!)
      Colby, KS for GC30, the oldest active cache
      just north of there for the 7th oldest active cache
      Alliance, NE for Carhenge
      up to SD for Mt. Rushmore and sights in the Black Hills.
      The Badlands? not sure yet
      east to Wyoming for Devils Tower (da dum dum duhhhm duhhhhhmmmmmm) and mashed potatoes and half a face sunburned
      north to ND
      north to SK
      east to MB
      south maybe to International Peace Garden
      south to Texas

      We will take a more easterly route on the way home, but still avoiding the big cities.

      Any suggestions? Cache on!!

      --Di
      dirich92
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2012
        Sorry, all my treks up that way were pre caching.
        But I'd do Rapid City before Devil's Tower ... Rapid City has LOTS of cool stuff to see. I really did think Rushmore was 'all that,' and the museum in town was nifty, not to mention the SAC base tour, umpteen caves, a petrified forest.... I hear Devil's Tower is meh -- not out in the plain like Monument Valley stuff, as suggested in the movie. OTOH, that's hearsay. But I *have* been to Rapid City. Also, Hot Springs just south of there and the fabulous Mammoth Center. If there's not an earthcache there there should be.
        -BarbJ

[...]

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

        Woman is 53 But Looks 25
        ConsumerLifestyleMag.com
      • Anne
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2012
          I also have not been up that way in awhile, but I lived in the Black Hills for a fall. The Badlands are cool, Rushmore was surprisingly neato. I alo recommend Jewell cave and deadwood.

          Totavi (Anne)