OT: Annie Get Your Gun Inclusion Show July 12th!

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3 10:46 AM
      Off topic but some may be interested.

      Russ the Waterweasel
      -----Forwarded Message-----
      From: The Georgetown Palace Theatre
      Sent: Jul 3, 2012 12:06 PM
      To: waterweasel@...
      Subject: Annie Get Your Gun Inclusion Show July 12th!

      The Georgetown Palace Theatre
      Free Inclusion Show Thursday July 12th at 7:30 p.m.
      Dear Russ,

      Annie Get Your Gun small

      The Palace presents a special FREE performance of Annie Get Your Gun for persons with special needs and their families on Thursday Evening July 12th.  The show will start at 7:30 pm; seating starts at 6:50 pm for those in wheelchairs and for all others at 7:00 pm.

      This will be a shortened version of Annie Get Your Gun and will run for approximately one hour.  American Sign Language interpreters will be present, as well as audio describers for the blind (if needed).

      Please feel free to invite a special teacher, paraprofessional, or support individual so that you and your child/family can enjoy our show together!  For this performance, the Palace will seat about 250, and all seats are free.  A number of Palace patrons have donated money to the Palace to help cover the expense of this special showing.  More Donations are not only needed but will be greatly appreciated!

      Because seating is limited, reservations should be made in advance by calling (512) 869-7469 or (512) 869-5081, visiting the Palace office (open M-F 10 am to 4 pm), or by emailing guild.georgetownpalace@....

      This email was sent to waterweasel@... by info@... |
      The Georgetown Palace Theatre | 810 South Austin Avenue | Georgetown | TX | 78626

    • electric_water_boy
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3 10:53 AM
        Kiddo #1 will be at Camp Camp or I'd try taking her. She doesn't like poping sounds like balloons and stuff, so it may be best that she isn't going anyway.

        I'm sure it will be a packed house again as the people who are taking advantage of this sure appreciate it. Thanks!
      • Christa Ratcliff
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3 11:32 AM
          As a mother of a child with special needs, I appreciate you posting
          this. I have forwarded the information to several people and their
          caregivers who might enjoy a night like this.

          Thanks again.
          Christa
          (Cacherats!) mom
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3 11:57 AM
            I meantioned your qualms about the popping sounds. I know the big shoot out is barely cap-gun noise for the regular shows....
            Anyway, yes, it's a Good Thing They Do at the Palace.

            Oh, and the regular show is worth y'all's visit.... (not to mention, it's the last weekend to see The Kitchen Witches at Way Off Broadway (www.wobcp.org))

            -BarbJ=Palacian=Tygress

            Kiddo #1 will be at Camp Camp or I'd try taking her.  She doesn't like poping sounds like balloons and stuff, so it may be best that she isn't going anyway.

            I'm sure it will be a packed house again as the people who are taking advantage of this sure appreciate it.  Thanks!

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:

          • Vicki L. Almstrum
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3 12:19 PM
              What a cool opportunity! I love that it is supported by outside donations. Kudos to all involved!

              -- Vicki (FG2 in FiedoGang)