Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: GSAK Question! Favorites Points

  • Mrs. Captain Picard
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3 8:41 AM
      Perfect!

      This is going to make my job of picking caches so much easier!

      Since there's a Favorites Points column now, why doesn't GSAK have a %Fav tag?  That's what I was looking for, but didn't see.

      Thanks!
      Julie

      On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:34 AM, lignumaqua <geocaching@...> wrote:

      Hi Julie,

      The tag is %caches_FavPoints

      %smart=12 %Typ1%Con1 %caches_FavPoints

      Mike

      > Ok, I've got my favorites points pulled into my GSAK file. Now, what
      > special tag do I use if I want to put the favorites points in my waypoint
      > name when loading my GPS? For example, I usually do %smart=12 %Typ1%Con1.
      > Now I want smart name, type, container and # of favorite points.
      >
      > I just know someone out there will have the answer for me, and I'll bet
      > it's Lignumaqua!
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Julie
      > Mrs. Captain Picard

    • lignumaqua
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3 10:35 AM
        Instead of having to keep adding new tags, Clyde added the generic %caches_xxxx tag which will work with any field. Just replace the xxxx with the GSAK field name.

        Mike

        > Perfect!
        >
        > This is going to make my job of picking caches so much easier!
        >
        > Since there's a Favorites Points column now, why doesn't GSAK have a %Fav
        > tag? That's what I was looking for, but didn't see.
        >
        > Thanks!
        > Julie
        >
        > On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:34 AM, lignumaqua <
        > geocaching@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Hi Julie,
        > >
        > > The tag is %caches_FavPoints
        > >
        > > %smart=12 %Typ1%Con1 %caches_FavPoints
        > >
        > > Mike
        > >

        > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mrs. Captain Picard"
        > > <mrscaptainpicard@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Ok, I've got my favorites points pulled into my GSAK file. Now, what
        > > > special tag do I use if I want to put the favorites points in my waypoint
        > > > name when loading my GPS? For example, I usually do %smart=12 %Typ1%Con1.
        > > > Now I want smart name, type, container and # of favorite points.
        > > >
        > > > I just know someone out there will have the answer for me, and I'll bet
        > > > it's Lignumaqua!
        > > >
        > > > Cheers,
        > > > Julie
        > > > Mrs. Captain Picard

      • Mrs. Captain Picard
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3 3:52 PM
          I saw that, but I guess the instructions weren't that clear and I didn't quite understand.  I'm good to go, now!
          Thx,