Re: Any milestones out there..

  • theparksplace
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 3, 2012
      TheParksPlace hit 2000; had their biggest single day - 219; best weekend - 223; best month - 360; added their 32nd state...all while in training for 10 hours a day.

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <geojewett@...> wrote:

      > I know it is hot, but has anyone hit any milestones? The last one I saw and put on the website was in May. Yikes! :)
      >
      > Keep on caching!
      >

      > Greg Jewett
      > Geocacher Handle: GeoJewett
      > (512) 627-7290
      > geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
      > http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
      > http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
      > Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree

    • Esther Lopez
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 3, 2012
        A big KUDOS to The Parks Place! With all those milestones, who needs any others to post!!!!!

        Esther/BGTx

        --- In mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <geojewett@...> wrote:

        > I know it is hot, but has anyone hit any milestones? The last one I saw and put on the website was in May. Yikes! :)
        >
        > Keep on caching!
        >

        > Greg Jewett
        > Geocacher Handle: GeoJewett
        > (512) 627-7290
        > geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
        > http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
        > http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
        > Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree

      • Greg Jewett

          TheParksPlace hit 2000; had their biggest single day - 219; best weekend - 223; best month - 360; added their 32nd state...all while in training for 10 hours a day.

          --- In mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <geojewett@...> wrote:

          > I know it is hot, but has anyone hit any milestones? The last one I saw and put on the website was in May. Yikes! :)
          >
          > Keep on caching!
          >

          > Greg Jewett
          > Geocacher Handle: GeoJewett
          > (512) 627-7290
          > geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
          > http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
          > http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
          > Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree

        • jackie
          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 9, 2012
            I just completed four Regions of the Texas StateParks 2011 Geocaching Challenge. I already received the Olympic bronze medal, but now I get the silver one. Discovered several really fine areas to hike. This is a great way to introduce people to a valuable resource here in Texas.

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Barry <bcwatson@...> wrote:

            > Highest number of days without a find?
            > :-)
            > Some day, I'll take up geocaching again....
            >
            > Barry Watson, MSgt, USAF (Retired)
            >
            > aka Doc Geo (Geocaching)
            > aka Much, The Miller's Son (Renaissance)
            >
            > Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, a burger in one hand, a beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

          • Christa Ratcliff
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 10, 2012
              Hi Greg
              I know it's not much in comparison to the huge milestones reached by some this month, but the Cacherats! hit 300 finds on Sunday when we finished Middle Earth and defeated Dark Lord Sauron.  It was a huge feat for us!
              Thanks,
              Christa
              (Cacherats!) Mom

              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 10, 2012
                300 is nothing to sneer at and finishing the Middle Earth is a feat in itself.

                Russ the Waterweasel

                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 10, 2012
                  Thanks Russ!

                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 16, 2012
                    Yes, it is hot out there - and it is hotter in Indiana than in Texas!!!
                    We (Lyni9 & Gas409) braved the heat to make our 19K find today.

                    Lyni9 (Iris Scott) & Gas490 (Glenn Scott)

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <geojewett@...> wrote:

                    > I know it is hot, but has anyone hit any milestones? The last one I saw and put on the website was in May. Yikes! :)
                    >
                    > Keep on caching!
                    >

                    > Greg Jewett
                    > Geocacher Handle: GeoJewett
                    > (512) 627-7290
                    > geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
                    > http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
                    > http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
                    > Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree

                  • John Baker
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 16, 2012

                      Congrats!
                      John/thenkengrene

                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 16, 2012
                        woo hoo!
                        Happy dance for you!

                        BarbJ-dancing-Tygress

                        Yes, it is hot out there - and it is hotter in Indiana than in Texas!!!
                        We (Lyni9 & Gas409) braved the heat to make our 19K find today.

                        Lyni9 (Iris Scott) & Gas490 (Glenn Scott)

                        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <geojewett@...> wrote:

                        > I know it is hot, but has anyone hit any milestones?  The last one I saw and put on the website was in May.  Yikes! :)
                        >
                        > Keep on caching!
                        >

                        > Greg Jewett
                        > Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
                        > (512) 627-7290
                        > geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
                        > http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
                        > http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
                        > Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree

                        <*> Your email settings:
                           Individual Email | Traditional

                        <*> To change settings online go to:
                           (Yahoo! ID required)

                        <*> To change settings via email:

                        Woman is 57 But Looks 27
                        ConsumerLifestyles.org
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 16, 2012
                          Excellent!

                          Russ the Waterweasel

                          (And what the heck is it doing hotter in Indiana than Texas?  That's just wrong!)

                          Yes, it is hot out there - and it is hotter in Indiana than in Texas!!!
                          We (Lyni9 & Gas409) braved the heat to make our 19K find today.

                          Lyni9 (Iris Scott) & Gas490 (Glenn Scott)

                          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <geojewett@...> wrote:

                          > I know it is hot, but has anyone hit any milestones? The last one I saw and put on the website was in May. Yikes! :)
                          >
                          > Keep on caching!
                          >

                          > Greg Jewett
                          > Geocacher Handle: GeoJewett
                          > (512) 627-7290
                          > geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
                          > http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
                          > http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
                          > Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree

                        • Mrs. Captain Picard
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 17, 2012
                            Way to go, you two!  You guys are really going after it!

                            Cheers,

                            On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 3:26 PM, iris9 <iris9@...> wrote:

                            Yes, it is hot out there - and it is hotter in Indiana than in Texas!!!
                            We (Lyni9 & Gas409) braved the heat to make our 19K find today.

                            Lyni9 (Iris Scott) & Gas490 (Glenn Scott)

                            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <geojewett@...> wrote:

                            > I know it is hot, but has anyone hit any milestones? The last one I saw and put on the website was in May. Yikes! :)
                            >
                            > Keep on caching!
                            >

                            > Greg Jewett
                            > Geocacher Handle: GeoJewett
                            > (512) 627-7290
                            > geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
                            > http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
                            > http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
                            > Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree

                          • busybeetoni
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 17, 2012
                              I don't know whether I posted it in here, but I hit my 5K milestone.

                              Message 14 of 20 , Jul 18, 2012
                                Congratulations!
                                5K is a fine number indeed!

                                BarbJ/Tygress