GSAK Question! Favorites Points

  • Mrs. Captain Picard
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2012
      Ok, I've got my favorites points pulled into my GSAK file.  Now, what special tag do I use if I want to put the favorites points in my waypoint name when loading my GPS?  For example, I usually do %smart=12 %Typ1%Con1. Now I want smart name, type, container and # of favorite points.

      I just know someone out there will have the answer for me, and I'll bet it's Lignumaqua!

      Cheers,

    • lignumaqua
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2012
        Hi Julie,

        The tag is %caches_FavPoints

        %smart=12 %Typ1%Con1 %caches_FavPoints

        Mike

        > Ok, I've got my favorites points pulled into my GSAK file. Now, what
        > special tag do I use if I want to put the favorites points in my waypoint
        > name when loading my GPS? For example, I usually do %smart=12 %Typ1%Con1.
        > Now I want smart name, type, container and # of favorite points.
        >
        > I just know someone out there will have the answer for me, and I'll bet
        > it's Lignumaqua!
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Julie
        > Mrs. Captain Picard

      • Mrs. Captain Picard
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2012
          Perfect!

          This is going to make my job of picking caches so much easier!

          Since there's a Favorites Points column now, why doesn't GSAK have a %Fav tag?  That's what I was looking for, but didn't see.

          Thanks!
          Julie

          On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:34 AM, lignumaqua <geocaching@...> wrote:

          Hi Julie,

          The tag is %caches_FavPoints

          %smart=12 %Typ1%Con1 %caches_FavPoints

          Mike

          > Ok, I've got my favorites points pulled into my GSAK file. Now, what
          > special tag do I use if I want to put the favorites points in my waypoint
          > name when loading my GPS? For example, I usually do %smart=12 %Typ1%Con1.
          > Now I want smart name, type, container and # of favorite points.
          >
          > I just know someone out there will have the answer for me, and I'll bet
          > it's Lignumaqua!
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Julie
          > Mrs. Captain Picard

        • lignumaqua
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 3, 2012
            Instead of having to keep adding new tags, Clyde added the generic %caches_xxxx tag which will work with any field. Just replace the xxxx with the GSAK field name.

            Mike

            > Perfect!
            >
            > This is going to make my job of picking caches so much easier!
            >
            > Since there's a Favorites Points column now, why doesn't GSAK have a %Fav
            > tag? That's what I was looking for, but didn't see.
            >
            > Thanks!
            > Julie
            >
            > On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 10:34 AM, lignumaqua <
            > geocaching@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Hi Julie,
            > >
            > > The tag is %caches_FavPoints
            > >
            > > %smart=12 %Typ1%Con1 %caches_FavPoints
            > >
            > > Mike
            > >

            > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mrs. Captain Picard"
            > > <mrscaptainpicard@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Ok, I've got my favorites points pulled into my GSAK file. Now, what
            > > > special tag do I use if I want to put the favorites points in my waypoint
            > > > name when loading my GPS? For example, I usually do %smart=12 %Typ1%Con1.
            > > > Now I want smart name, type, container and # of favorite points.
            > > >
            > > > I just know someone out there will have the answer for me, and I'll bet
            > > > it's Lignumaqua!
            > > >
            > > > Cheers,
            > > > Julie
            > > > Mrs. Captain Picard

          • Mrs. Captain Picard
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2012
              I saw that, but I guess the instructions weren't that clear and I didn't quite understand.  I'm good to go, now!
              Thx,