Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Any milestones out there..

  • Barry
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 1 8:13 PM
      Highest number of days without a find?
      :-)
      Some day, I'll take up geocaching again....

      Barry Watson, MSgt, USAF (Retired)

      aka Doc Geo (Geocaching)

      aka Much, The Miller's Son (Renaissance)

        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 2 3:52 AM
          inching along past 700 in the heat...

          Cheers,
          Sean / sec-guy
        • Greg Jewett

            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 2 2:43 PM
              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <geojewett@...> wrote:

              > I know it is hot, but has anyone hit any milestones? The last one I saw and put on the website was in May. Yikes! :)
              >
              > Keep on caching!
              >

              > Greg Jewett
              > Geocacher Handle: GeoJewett
              > (512) 627-7290
              > geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
              > http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
              > http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
              > Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree

              We hit 9000 a couple of days ago
              EGSG
            • theparksplace
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 3 8:23 AM
                TheParksPlace hit 2000; had their biggest single day - 219; best weekend - 223; best month - 360; added their 32nd state...all while in training for 10 hours a day.

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <geojewett@...> wrote:

                > I know it is hot, but has anyone hit any milestones? The last one I saw and put on the website was in May. Yikes! :)
                >
                > Keep on caching!
                >

                > Greg Jewett
                > Geocacher Handle: GeoJewett
                > (512) 627-7290
                > geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
                > http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
                > http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
                > Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree

              • Esther Lopez
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 3 9:07 AM
                  A big KUDOS to The Parks Place! With all those milestones, who needs any others to post!!!!!

                  Esther/BGTx

                  --- In mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <geojewett@...> wrote:

                  > I know it is hot, but has anyone hit any milestones? The last one I saw and put on the website was in May. Yikes! :)
                  >
                  > Keep on caching!
                  >

                  > Greg Jewett
                  > Geocacher Handle: GeoJewett
                  > (512) 627-7290
                  > geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
                  > http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
                  > http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
                  > Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree

                • Greg Jewett

                    TheParksPlace hit 2000; had their biggest single day - 219; best weekend - 223; best month - 360; added their 32nd state...all while in training for 10 hours a day.

                    --- In mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <geojewett@...> wrote:

                    > I know it is hot, but has anyone hit any milestones? The last one I saw and put on the website was in May. Yikes! :)
                    >
                    > Keep on caching!
                    >

                    > Greg Jewett
                    > Geocacher Handle: GeoJewett
                    > (512) 627-7290
                    > geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
                    > http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
                    > http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
                    > Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree

                  • jackie
                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 9 10:03 AM
                      I just completed four Regions of the Texas StateParks 2011 Geocaching Challenge. I already received the Olympic bronze medal, but now I get the silver one. Discovered several really fine areas to hike. This is a great way to introduce people to a valuable resource here in Texas.

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Barry <bcwatson@...> wrote:

                      > Highest number of days without a find?
                      > :-)
                      > Some day, I'll take up geocaching again....
                      >
                      > Barry Watson, MSgt, USAF (Retired)
                      >
                      > aka Doc Geo (Geocaching)
                      > aka Much, The Miller's Son (Renaissance)
                      >
                      > Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, a burger in one hand, a beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

                    • Christa Ratcliff
                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 10 9:01 AM
                        Hi Greg
                        I know it's not much in comparison to the huge milestones reached by some this month, but the Cacherats! hit 300 finds on Sunday when we finished Middle Earth and defeated Dark Lord Sauron.  It was a huge feat for us!
                        Thanks,
                        Christa
                        (Cacherats!) Mom

                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 10 11:16 AM
                          300 is nothing to sneer at and finishing the Middle Earth is a feat in itself.

                          Russ the Waterweasel

                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 10 6:52 PM
                            Thanks Russ!

                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 16 1:26 PM
                              Yes, it is hot out there - and it is hotter in Indiana than in Texas!!!
                              We (Lyni9 & Gas409) braved the heat to make our 19K find today.

                              Lyni9 (Iris Scott) & Gas490 (Glenn Scott)

                              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <geojewett@...> wrote:

                              > I know it is hot, but has anyone hit any milestones? The last one I saw and put on the website was in May. Yikes! :)
                              >
                              > Keep on caching!
                              >

                              > Greg Jewett
                              > Geocacher Handle: GeoJewett
                              > (512) 627-7290
                              > geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
                              > http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
                              > http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
                              > Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree

                            • John Baker
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jul 16 1:27 PM

                                Congrats!
                                John/thenkengrene

                                Message 15 of 20 , Jul 16 1:28 PM
                                  woo hoo!
                                  Happy dance for you!

                                  BarbJ-dancing-Tygress

                                  Yes, it is hot out there - and it is hotter in Indiana than in Texas!!!
                                  We (Lyni9 & Gas409) braved the heat to make our 19K find today.

                                  Lyni9 (Iris Scott) & Gas490 (Glenn Scott)

                                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <geojewett@...> wrote:

                                  > I know it is hot, but has anyone hit any milestones?  The last one I saw and put on the website was in May.  Yikes! :)
                                  >
                                  > Keep on caching!
                                  >

                                  > Greg Jewett
                                  > Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
                                  > (512) 627-7290
                                  > geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
                                  > http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
                                  > http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
                                  > Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree

                                  <*> Your email settings:
                                     Individual Email | Traditional

                                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                                     (Yahoo! ID required)

                                  <*> To change settings via email:

                                  Woman is 57 But Looks 27
                                  ConsumerLifestyles.org
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jul 16 1:37 PM
                                    Excellent!

                                    Russ the Waterweasel

                                    (And what the heck is it doing hotter in Indiana than Texas?  That's just wrong!)

                                    Yes, it is hot out there - and it is hotter in Indiana than in Texas!!!
                                    We (Lyni9 & Gas409) braved the heat to make our 19K find today.

                                    Lyni9 (Iris Scott) & Gas490 (Glenn Scott)

                                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <geojewett@...> wrote:

                                    > I know it is hot, but has anyone hit any milestones? The last one I saw and put on the website was in May. Yikes! :)
                                    >
                                    > Keep on caching!
                                    >

                                    > Greg Jewett
                                    > Geocacher Handle: GeoJewett
                                    > (512) 627-7290
                                    > geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
                                    > http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
                                    > http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
                                    > Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree

                                  • Mrs. Captain Picard
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jul 17 12:16 PM
                                      Way to go, you two!  You guys are really going after it!

                                      Cheers,

                                      On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 3:26 PM, iris9 <iris9@...> wrote:

                                      Yes, it is hot out there - and it is hotter in Indiana than in Texas!!!
                                      We (Lyni9 & Gas409) braved the heat to make our 19K find today.

                                      Lyni9 (Iris Scott) & Gas490 (Glenn Scott)

                                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Greg Jewett <geojewett@...> wrote:

                                      > I know it is hot, but has anyone hit any milestones? The last one I saw and put on the website was in May. Yikes! :)
                                      >
                                      > Keep on caching!
                                      >

                                      > Greg Jewett
                                      > Geocacher Handle: GeoJewett
                                      > (512) 627-7290
                                      > geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
                                      > http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
                                      > http://www.geocachingaustin.com/
                                      > Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree

                                    • busybeetoni
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jul 17 6:11 PM
                                        I don't know whether I posted it in here, but I hit my 5K milestone.

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jul 18 5:45 AM
                                          Congratulations!
                                          5K is a fine number indeed!

                                          BarbJ/Tygress