Spotting caches?

  • shawnolsen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2012
      So I found a few caches in Denmark that I liked and I decided to make one here! However, Prime Reviewer did not allow one I made for ATX because the redirector moves around!
      So why is it that this type of cache is allowed in Denmark but not in Texas?

      Here is a sample GC3J296 there are several like it!

      Cheers,

      Shawn
    • Kevin (KoosKoos)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2 1:59 PM
        To me, that would be an example of a moving cache, which hasn't been allowed on geocaching.com for quite some time.  As far as why it was approved in Denmark, it looks like their reviewers are interpreting guidelines differently than here in the US.

        As a workaround (and is done fairly frequently), you could get a travel bug to house the coordinates to the final location.  The TB would move around (granted, only in other caches) and you'd need to find it to get the actual cache location to log.

        Of course, another workaround would be to hide your cache on another listing site, but then you run the risk of low amounts of visitors ever knowing about it.

        Kevin
        KoosKoos

        On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 10:00 PM, <shawnolsen@...> wrote:

        So I found a few caches in Denmark that I liked and I decided to make one here! However, Prime Reviewer did not allow one I made for ATX because the redirector moves around!
        So why is it that this type of cache is allowed in Denmark but not in Texas?

        Here is a sample GC3J296 there are several like it!

        Cheers,

        Shawn

      • Shawn Olsen