RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: AlphaNumeric Cacher Name Challenge (G C3MV Z9)

  • Matt Wilson
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
      Thanks, Di!

      Well, since 5am, I’ve now fleshed out the code a “little” bit more.  For starters, I realized Mike’s comment that Placed_By is not what we want to deal with, so in working with the Owner property instead, I ran into a couple glitches that took a bit of tinkering to resolve.

      Anyway, I posted v0.0.1 of my code to the Files section of the Yahoo Group.  This is a .PS1 file that’s meant to be used by Windows PowerShell, but is a simple plain text file that can be opened in any text editor.  It has a few functions at the top with only a few simple lines of actual “script code” at the bottom.

      $PQPath = "C:\Dropbox\GC\"
      $GpxFileCollection = Get-GPXFile $PQPath
      $GPXWaypoints = Get-GPXWaypoints $GpxFileCollection
      $GPXCustomWaypoints = Get-GPXCustomWaypoint $GPXWaypoints
      Select-GPXCustomWaypoint -Owner "^[0168Yy].*"    # < ----------  This is what’s actually searching for Larry’s request (with the addition of a “1”)

      Even when searching by owner, though, there are no caches in my own unfound PQs that match what Larry was needing.

      Matt / Kemis

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
        I'll see if I can get my daughter "you_celli?" to hide a cache to help out with a "Y" name.
        Amy
        GS589