Re: AlphaNumeric Cacher Name Challenge (G C3MV Z9)

  • dirich92@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
      Yeah, there have been messages in the Yahoo group spam folder lately. And one of your friendly neighborhood moderators (Rich) is away at boy scout camp and left his wife (me) in charge of things I don't understand. :) I think I've caught up now.

      --Di
      dirich92

      > Matt, it looks like there was a wrinkle in the internet universe and nothing posted to the group for a few hours.Used to happen all the time on the internet. And FIDO? oooooh BarbJ =yeah, I'm old= Tygress

    • Matt Wilson
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
        Thanks, Di!

        Well, since 5am, I’ve now fleshed out the code a “little” bit more.  For starters, I realized Mike’s comment that Placed_By is not what we want to deal with, so in working with the Owner property instead, I ran into a couple glitches that took a bit of tinkering to resolve.

        Anyway, I posted v0.0.1 of my code to the Files section of the Yahoo Group.  This is a .PS1 file that’s meant to be used by Windows PowerShell, but is a simple plain text file that can be opened in any text editor.  It has a few functions at the top with only a few simple lines of actual “script code” at the bottom.

        $PQPath = "C:\Dropbox\GC\"
        $GpxFileCollection = Get-GPXFile $PQPath
        $GPXWaypoints = Get-GPXWaypoints $GpxFileCollection
        $GPXCustomWaypoints = Get-GPXCustomWaypoint $GPXWaypoints
        Select-GPXCustomWaypoint -Owner "^[0168Yy].*"    # < ----------  This is what’s actually searching for Larry’s request (with the addition of a “1”)

        Even when searching by owner, though, there are no caches in my own unfound PQs that match what Larry was needing.

        Matt / Kemis

        Yeah, there have been messages in the Yahoo group spam folder lately. And one of your friendly neighborhood moderators (Rich) is away at boy scout camp and left his wife (me) in charge of things I don't understand. :) I think I've caught up now.

        --Di
        dirich92

        > Matt, it looks like there was a wrinkle in the internet universe and nothing posted to the group for a few hours.Used to happen all the time on the internet. And FIDO? oooooh BarbJ =yeah, I'm old= Tygress

      • A
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
          I'll see if I can get my daughter "you_celli?" to hide a cache to help out with a "Y" name.
          Amy
          GS589