Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: AlphaNumeric Cacher Name Challenge (G C3MV Z9)

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 13, 2012
      Esther, in your case it would be a "string puppet" account!

      BarbJ =I crack myself up=Tygress

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
        I thought you were being clever!
        LOL!

        BarbJ - autocorrect strikes again! - Tygress

        Darn spell checker on my phone! I meant sock puppet not sock putter!
        Although putting your socks doesn't sound half bad.!

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jun 13, 2012, at 3:14 PM, Esther Lopez <bigguy9211116@...> wrote:

        Although I am often available for D/T requests, I draw the line on "sock putter" accounts! Sorry boys (and girls!), you are on your own with this one!!!!!

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jun 13, 2012, at 3:00 PM, "lignumaqua" <geocaching@...> wrote:

        Yes, looks like any cache counts, unlike the other similar challenge cache where Events are excluded. It also requires the Owner Name field to be the one qualifying, not the Placed By field (which is often different).

        I'm also missing owner names beginning with 6 and 8 and there are none anywhere I'm going to be anytime soon. Esther can't bail us all out this time unless she opens a couple of new Geocache accounts called 6BGiT and 8BGiT (Hint Esther!)

        I've posted a macro to the file area that will check your Found database in GSAK to see if you qualify.

        I think Paul may have this one to himself for the moment! :-)

        Mike

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <buckandi@...> wrote:

        > Yes, the caches can be from anywhere as far as I can tell, and some in my list are not from this area. I was just hoping to be able to finish quickly close to home, but I guess that was wishful thinking.
        >
        > Larry
        >
        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gumbietygress@" <gumbietygress@> wrote:
        > >
        > > hmmmm... correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no geographic parameter (as well as no date parameter) listed on the cache page.... so that opens it up to cachers/caches from everywhere????

        =

        =

        LivingSocial Dining Deals
        Up to 70% Off Daily Deals. Dining, Shopping, Spas & More. Join Free!
        LivingSocial.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
          Matt, it looks like there was a wrinkle in the internet universe and nothing posted to the group for a few hours.
          Used to happen all the time on the internet. And FIDO? oooooh

          BarbJ =yeah, I'm old= Tygress

          Testing, testing, 1..2..3…  Just a quick response to see if my longer one is getting filtered due to the code I’m trying to send though, or if my responses are no longer posted as soon as I’m used to…

          Matt / Kemis

          Yes, looks like any cache counts, unlike the other similar challenge cache where Events are excluded. It also requires the Owner Name field to be the one qualifying, not the Placed By field (which is often different).

          I'm also missing owner names beginning with 6 and 8 and there are none anywhere I'm going to be anytime soon. Esther can't bail us all out this time unless she opens a couple of new Geocache accounts called 6BGiT and 8BGiT (Hint Esther!)

          I've posted a macro to the file area that will check your Found database in GSAK to see if you qualify.

          I think Paul may have this one to himself for the moment! :-)

          Mike

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <buckandi@...> wrote:

          > Yes, the caches can be from anywhere as far as I can tell, and some in my list are not from this area. I was just hoping to be able to finish quickly close to home, but I guess that was wishful thinking.
          >
          > Larry
          >
          > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "gumbietygress@" <gumbietygress@> wrote:
          > >
          > > hmmmm... correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no geographic parameter (as well as no date parameter) listed on the cache page.... so that opens it up to cachers/caches from everywhere????

          53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
          consumerproducts.com
        • dirich92@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
            Yeah, there have been messages in the Yahoo group spam folder lately. And one of your friendly neighborhood moderators (Rich) is away at boy scout camp and left his wife (me) in charge of things I don't understand. :) I think I've caught up now.

            --Di
            dirich92

            > Matt, it looks like there was a wrinkle in the internet universe and nothing posted to the group for a few hours.Used to happen all the time on the internet. And FIDO? oooooh BarbJ =yeah, I'm old= Tygress

          • Matt Wilson
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
              Thanks, Di!

              Well, since 5am, I’ve now fleshed out the code a “little” bit more.  For starters, I realized Mike’s comment that Placed_By is not what we want to deal with, so in working with the Owner property instead, I ran into a couple glitches that took a bit of tinkering to resolve.

              Anyway, I posted v0.0.1 of my code to the Files section of the Yahoo Group.  This is a .PS1 file that’s meant to be used by Windows PowerShell, but is a simple plain text file that can be opened in any text editor.  It has a few functions at the top with only a few simple lines of actual “script code” at the bottom.

              $PQPath = "C:\Dropbox\GC\"
              $GpxFileCollection = Get-GPXFile $PQPath
              $GPXWaypoints = Get-GPXWaypoints $GpxFileCollection
              $GPXCustomWaypoints = Get-GPXCustomWaypoint $GPXWaypoints
              Select-GPXCustomWaypoint -Owner "^[0168Yy].*"    # < ----------  This is what’s actually searching for Larry’s request (with the addition of a “1”)

              Even when searching by owner, though, there are no caches in my own unfound PQs that match what Larry was needing.

              Matt / Kemis

              Yeah, there have been messages in the Yahoo group spam folder lately. And one of your friendly neighborhood moderators (Rich) is away at boy scout camp and left his wife (me) in charge of things I don't understand. :) I think I've caught up now.

              --Di
              dirich92

              > Matt, it looks like there was a wrinkle in the internet universe and nothing posted to the group for a few hours.Used to happen all the time on the internet. And FIDO? oooooh BarbJ =yeah, I'm old= Tygress

            • A
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 14, 2012
                I'll see if I can get my daughter "you_celli?" to hide a cache to help out with a "Y" name.
                Amy
                GS589