Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Rating a cache

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
      Yeah, maybe. But for many people (me at present -- I'm weird, but not unique), we're not that interested in being technical. Not dissing GSAK, it's just that I have too much on my plate already than to suss out an interface, even if it is fantastically useful. I have technophile friends for that. But they're loading for CSs
      And, well, "some Garmins" ...

      Just because some use it, it's still reasonable to use the other elements (like T/D), is all I'm saying.  I barely look at attributes on the cache page -- and have to remind myself to set them. =shrug=

      As for loading spoiler pictures: pffft. I'm having enough trouble with data stream. (And I'm the only Oregon in the group.) Just suggesting, as COs we need to think beyond our own devices and tech savvy. Some of us just want to find things.... as streamlined as possible.

      barbj - learned to put earthcache questions up front because they truncate - tygress

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
        I'm sorry.
        I'm not in my right mind at present -- and my left mind is none too stable.

        All you were sayin is that the technology is there for those who want to take advantage of it, and I go off on platform awareness.
        Too many years battling developers with cutting edge equipment.

        It IS cool that we have more fun than a tricorder almost at our fingertips.

        Thanks for the pointer.

        BarbJ (But still, be mindful when writing cache pages, there are still people out there using yellow eTrexes) Tygress