Re: Rating a cache

  • banda_geocacher
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
      As an FYI, if you use GSAK you can have a list of attributes on your Oregon (and some other Garmins) by using this macro: (see #7 on the Jan. 31 post.)
      http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=7745&st=20&#entry97225

      Also, it takes a bit more effort, but there are now ways to get spoiler photos loaded onto the Oregon x50, Dakota, Montana, GPSMap 62/78 and eTrex 20,30 as seen in #25 here:
      http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Geocaching#FAQ-GC25.%29%20How%20do%20I%20access%20spoiler%20photos%20for%20a%20geocache?

      Brent (BANDA)

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
        Yeah, maybe. But for many people (me at present -- I'm weird, but not unique), we're not that interested in being technical. Not dissing GSAK, it's just that I have too much on my plate already than to suss out an interface, even if it is fantastically useful. I have technophile friends for that. But they're loading for CSs
        And, well, "some Garmins" ...

        Just because some use it, it's still reasonable to use the other elements (like T/D), is all I'm saying.  I barely look at attributes on the cache page -- and have to remind myself to set them. =shrug=

        As for loading spoiler pictures: pffft. I'm having enough trouble with data stream. (And I'm the only Oregon in the group.) Just suggesting, as COs we need to think beyond our own devices and tech savvy. Some of us just want to find things.... as streamlined as possible.

        barbj - learned to put earthcache questions up front because they truncate - tygress

        As an FYI, if you use GSAK you can have a list of attributes on your Oregon (and some other Garmins) by using this macro: (see #7 on the Jan. 31 post.)
        http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=7745&st=20&#entry97225

        Also, it takes a bit more effort, but there are now ways to get spoiler photos loaded onto the Oregon x50, Dakota, Montana, GPSMap 62/78 and eTrex 20,30 as seen in #25 here:
        http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Geocaching#FAQ-GC25.%29%20How%20do%20I%20access%20spoiler%20photos%20for%20a%20geocache?

        Brent (BANDA)

        > However, attributes are not downloaded onto my Oregon. So for paperless caching, it's useless for me.T/D numbers, however, are part of the picture. BarbJ - Photographic hints are pretty much useless to me, too, when in the field - Tygress

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

        53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
        consumerproducts.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
          I'm sorry.
          I'm not in my right mind at present -- and my left mind is none too stable.

          All you were sayin is that the technology is there for those who want to take advantage of it, and I go off on platform awareness.
          Too many years battling developers with cutting edge equipment.

          It IS cool that we have more fun than a tricorder almost at our fingertips.

          Thanks for the pointer.

          BarbJ (But still, be mindful when writing cache pages, there are still people out there using yellow eTrexes) Tygress