RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Heads-up: Austin PARD Geocaching Policy

  • Jay Bingham
    Message 1 of 13 , May 11, 2012

      As someone who has lived in both the DFW area and the Austin area, I can tell you that the folks up in the DFW area generally categorize Austin as a bunch of tree huggers. The announced intention of the City of Austin ’s PARD to make policies that will limit or ban geocaching even in areas that are not nature preserves seem to validate that opinion. I am not saying this to disparage the people of the Austin area, but I have to wonder what the point of having ‘nature preserves’ is if no one can enjoy them.

      -
       _|_
         Jay -- Bing-GTX
        /\
         Georgetown , TX USA
      . “What you see depends mainly on what you are looking for.”