Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: TB to Alaska...

    Message 1 of 5 , May 8, 2012
      Have a GREAT time!
      We enjoyed Anchorage (and its caches!)
      Hopefully you'll be there long enough to catch the tide turning in the Turnagain Arm -- and that it will actually give you a tidal bore. Just watching it come in is cool enough -- that puppy moves! (it's an earthcache -- one of several up the arm)

      The Native Cultural Center there is very nice, too. Where else would you hear a conversation re: "Had the kids help dry salmon skins last weekend."

      However, Anchorage is the farthest north we managed, so the only spot on your coords we can bubble about.

      -B