Re: My new oldest find

  • Indigo Parrish
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2012
      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Dave Read <dave@...> wrote:

      > I have been working in northern Virginia this week, caching on the road every day. Today I hit a park in Fairfax county because it had a cache that would fill a DT hole for me. While I was there I stayed to do some opportunistic caching and found myself walking towards the next random cache, the last one for the day...and then I read the description: GC175, originally placed as GCEE in December 2000.
      >
      > As you might imagine, my interest in finding it rose considerably at that point. :)
      >
      > You never know what you're going to stumble across while playing this game...

      Ha! I know exactly how you feel.

      Last summer I took my dad to a NASCAR race at Road America in Wisconsin.
      We flew into O'Hare and rented a car and I said
      "Dad -- we are making TWO important stops along our drive.
      This is not negotiable."

      And so we ended up hiking together
      to the oldest cache in Illinois (GC28)
      and the oldest cache in Wisconsin (GC3B1).
      :) :)

      -Keith (Indigo Parrish)