Help, please: how do I stop trackables from automagically "dipping" themselves?

  • rrohlf_2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2012
      I feel like Mickey in "The Sorceror's Apprentice."

      Somehow, I inadvertently set up several of my trackable coins to automatically "dip" themselves into every cache I visit. Now I'm trying to get them to stop, but I can't figure out how.

      I've been through the Groundspeak pages, checked the FAQs and have gottten nowhere.

      Anybody know how to stop this? Is this something I did when I activated them?

      Arrgh...

      Thanks,
      Rick
      RickandWyatt
    • Justin Lane

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 6, 2012

          Rick,

          You don’t by chance have the Greasemonkey script GC Little Helper installed? If you do, that script provides the option to automatically “visit” (to use the GC.com terminology) trackables in your inventory each time you log a cache. However, I don’t recall it being set to visit by default, so I may be barking up the wrong tree here. If you have it installed the look at the bottom of the log page in the trackables section for the checkbox that controls whether a trackable is set to automatically visit.

          For others who would like to be able to have any or all trackables in your inventory automatically visit each cache you log, the Greasemonkey script GC Little Helper will allow you to do that. Greasemonkey was originally designed as an extension for Mozilla Firefox browsers, so if you use that browser all you need to do is install it (see https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/greasemonkey/?src=userprofile) and the install GC Little Helper (see: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/81052). Other browsers now support Greasemonkey scripts as well, (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greasemonkey) so even if you don’t use Firefox you still may be able to use Greasemonkey scripts.

          The GC Little Helper script has many other cool features that I find very useful. One is the capability to access Google Maps from inside GC.com. There are many others as well, see the above web page for a complete list.

          --| Jay /\ Bing-GTX