Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] real phishing scam -- beware!

  • Esther Lopez
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2012
      Now that I think about it, I got one too! It went to my spam folder so I thought nothing of it.

      Esther/ BGTx

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 5, 2012, at 7:51 AM, Shawn Olsen <shawnolsen@...> wrote:

      I got mine a few months ago :-) . A ticket from Boston to Miami? Just what I needed... Not
      Have a great Easter weekend everyone!!

      Shawn/s6sputnik

      On Apr 5, 2012, at 12:24 PM, "gumbietygress@..." <gumbietygress@...> wrote:

      This morning I received a convincing itinerary/booking date email supposedly from US Airways for a flight to Washington D.C.
      Thing is, I haven't booked any flights.

      The other give away is that the mail was sent to multiple recipients. [All the gu-emails in somebody's address book.] [Note -- if they'd been blind copied, it would have said recipients undisclosed, again, no way for one itinerary -- or one statement request.]
      Also, these confirmations, when genuine, are full of personal information -- like addressing me by my NAME in the text.

      Ergo. BOGUS!!!

      Confirms my suspicion, and they ask you just delete the info -- DO NOT CLICK ON ANY OF THE LINKS!

      Now I know you are *all* too savvy to get sucked in by this.
      But it was a very convincing email to receive first thing.

      It's a lot easier to ignore something from an Australian Bank than someone I *have* done business with. My message -- be sure of any sender before clicking through.

      Be careful out there! And in here! =tapping computer box=

      BarbJ/Tygress

      53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
      consumerproducts.com

      =