Long Shot...

  • rtyoungster
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 29, 2003
      I know this is a long shot, but while you are searching today be
      mindful of our lost boxer. I can find geocaches hidden by you guys
      but, can't find her. So, if you in the vicintiy of Riatia Pet Haven
      cache or MeNeil Road, Parmer, 620 and see her, please...

      LOST DOG FEMALE BOXER FAWN-COLORED LARGE WHITE FEET FLOPPY EARS
      PLEASE CALL: 219-6924 OR 517-2212REWARD

      I placed her photo in the phots section. I'll remove itto free up
      space later.

      Thanks

      Richard aka Blizzard
    • Wayne Lind
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 29, 2003
        Richard, what is her name and will she come if you call her by it?

      • AusGeoCache@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 29, 2003
          Thanks Candy, Raider has never been out so I don't know how she will react to others calling her.  I hope/pray she is smart enough to obey.  IWe live in a sad house this weekend!  Thanks for your note.

          Richard
        • AusGeoCache@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 30, 2003
            We found the boxer.  Now how do I log it in?  This was the most difficult hunt of all.  She WILL be one of the first customers for a Doggie GPS collar!

            Richard...

            What a great day to be outside!
          • Wayne Lind
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 30, 2003
              Glad to hear it all turned out ok. It is probably for the best you found her, I don't think she would have fit in Riata Pet Heaven's container.  :)
              We found the boxer.  Now how do I log it in?  This was the most difficult hunt of all.  She WILL be one of the first customers for a Doggie GPS collar!

              Richard...

              What a great day to be outside!

            • Candy Lind
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 31, 2003
                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, AusGeoCache@a... wrote:
                > We found the boxer. Now how do I log it in? This was the most
                difficult
                > hunt of all. She WILL be one of the first customers for a Doggie
                GPS collar!

                I'm so glad you found her, Richard! I bet she was petrified. Now you
                sign up for obedience classes, right?? ;-)

                Happy Trails,
                Candy
              • The Diver
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 31, 2003
                  Richard,

                  I'm glad you found Raider! I thought Don't Panic 2 was the last time you
                  were going to take her caching. ;-)

                  alan
                  aka The Diver
                • AusGeoCache@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 31, 2003
                    She took me to obedience class!!!    Ihad great plans for caching all weekend;(
                  • Grajek
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 31, 2003

                      Glad you found her. Sucks to lose a dog, I have lost one or two on rabbit and pig hunts myself and it is no fun. Did you find her or was she returned? If returned, it is good to know there are still some honest people out their.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 31, 2003
                        T, my 12 year old, never gave up on finding her.  When everyone else was about to toss it in for the day he would get us moving again.  Fittingly, he found her on the Rattan Creek Greenbelt.  I am proud of his perseverance.

                        I credit Geocaching for some of that determination.  He will never give up on a difficult hunt.  In addition, the outdoor skills of reading the land, game trails, etc., are skills he has learned from being out on these hunts. These skills will last.
                        The stubbornness obviously comes from his mother!  ;)

                      • Grajek
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 31, 2003

                          Great to hear. Teach your children young and they come to appreciate the environment later on in life. Again glad you found your dog. Kids are amazing. J