Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Stolen Bike!

  • Shawn Olsen
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 31, 2012
      TDF usually the best sporting event of the year... Cannot wait!

      On Mar 31, 2012, at 11:04 AM, Mike Detlefsen <detmik64@...> wrote:

      I had the Tour de France model. It was a very good bike. The Campagnolo equipment was more than a bit finicky, but it was mostly alright. Well, OK, it was rubbish, I could never keep it in adjustment. :-)

      I wish I still had it. I sold it to my supervisor's son when I blew out my knee, thinking my riding days were over.

      Mike

      On 31 Mar 2012, at 10:44 , shawnolsen@... wrote:

      In a message dated 3/31/2012 9:58:00 A.M. Central Daylight Time, detmik64@... writes:
      Gitane

      Oh MY,  my first real bike was a Gitane as well!  I agree with stamping the numbers and your last name or initials into the bike  (Unless it is of some material that would break when stamped). I think most bike thefts are of convenience, so keeping the bike locked is step number one!

      Cheers,

      Shawn/S6

      "When everything impossible has been eliminated and what remains is supernatural, then someone is lying."
      -Isaac Asimov, 1973