RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Travel bug etiquette question

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 11, 2012

      I agree with Gary.
      Double check the owner -- to see if they are even active. But even if they are not, a TB shouldn't suffer for it.

      Part of the whole "it takes a village" thing

      'Best!
      BarbJ =tb mover= Tygress

      From: "Gary Eckhardt" <garynewsmail@...>
      To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Travel bug etiquette question
      Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 22:20:20 -0600

      I found just a tag on a chain in one cache, and when I looked it up it apparently had a toy car attached to it that got lost somewhere along the way. I took it upon myself to restore the bug to a similar looking car (from our son’s old toys on the way to Goodwill). The bug owner was very appreciative. I’ve fixed other bugs as well and have always had the owners really appreciate the effort of restoring them. That’s my experience, anyhow. I would just do your best at trying to contact the tag owner, and if no response in a month or so, I’d say restore it and send it on it’s way!