Re: West Texas Reviewer

  • semperquestio
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 8, 2012
      I don't remember all the particulars, but a few years ago a lot of Texas cachers got mightily upset with Groundspeak. There were a few efforts at making 1 or 2 Texas-centric geocaching sites and there was a lot of talk of bailing from geocaching.com in favor of terracaching and/or navicache. Some cachers just quit caching. It was a brief, but kind of ugly, period and Texas cachers still carry a bit of a reputation of being troublemakers. It comes up in the Groundspeak forums from time to time in one form or another, usually now centered around Texas having only 1 reviewer as compared to WA, CA, the UK, etc.