Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Can you help me get to the Texas Challenge?

  • John Daleske
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2012
      I am driving up solo Friday mid-day and solo some time on Sunday (after CITO).  Will be glad to assist in either direction.

      Am staying in my mini-van.  I have a tent you could use, but we'd need to get agreement/approval from the fellow who actually has the site reserved that we can put the tent out.  (I'd guess it would be ok.)

      + John

      On 2012-03-07 at 9:49, moosiegirltx <candylind@...> wrote:

      Even though Wayne can't go, I had been intending to go to the Texas Challenge, but our financial situation is such that I'm re-thinking it. I can't afford to drive up there and back, and stay overnight somewhere either Friday or Saturday night ... at least not by myself. To complicate matters, I would want to take my 19-lb mini-schnau, Makensie, with me as well.

      Is anyone planning to actually drive up and back in the same day? I am willing to help pay for gas and share the driving. Were you not planning to go because you really can't stay overnight? Would you go if you had a co-driver who's up for an 18-plus-hour day?

      Is anyone looking for a roomie? I could also pay for 1/2 a room (but of course it has to be in a pet-friendly hotel), either Friday or Saturday night.

      If you can help with a one-way ride (say either up on Saturday morning or home on Saturday afternoon), let me know. Who knows, maybe I'll get separate offers for both directions.

      THANKS IN ADVANCE for any help you can offer!

      Candy
      moosiegirl