Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Travel bug etiquette question

  • Esther Lopez
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 7, 2012
      Howdy!
      I'd say hold on to it until you hear from the owner. There might be a reason the haven't contacted you back.  They may want you to mail it back to them eventually. Good that you picked it up and are going to all this trouble to take care of it!
      Esther/ BGTx

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Mar 6, 2012, at 11:35 PM, "A" <barneycats@...> wrote:

      I recently found the tag for a travel bug on the ground near a cache. The item that had been attached was missing. There was no reply to the note I sent to the owner asking what to do with the tag. I considered attaching something similar and sending it out again, didnt want to just send the tag buy itself. What are your recommendations?
      Thanks,
      Amy GS589

      =
    • Gary Eckhardt
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 7, 2012

        I found just a tag on a chain in one cache, and when I looked it up it apparently had a toy car attached to it that got lost somewhere along the way.  I took it upon myself to restore the bug to a similar looking car (from our son’s old toys on the way to Goodwill).   The bug owner was very appreciative.   I’ve fixed other bugs as well and have always had the owners really appreciate the effort of restoring them.    That’s my experience, anyhow.   I would just do your best at trying to contact the tag owner, and if no response in a month or so, I’d say restore it and send it on it’s way!

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 11, 2012

          I agree with Gary.
          Double check the owner -- to see if they are even active. But even if they are not, a TB shouldn't suffer for it.

          Part of the whole "it takes a village" thing

          'Best!
          BarbJ =tb mover= Tygress

          From: "Gary Eckhardt" <garynewsmail@...>
          To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>

[...]