Old Cache in danger - GC17D Lighthouse

  • arnaud.geo
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2012
      One of Texas oldest geocache, GC17D Lighthouse in Palu Duro is at risk of being removed by a park ranger. I have not found it yet but it is on my to do list.

      I just sent an email to ParkInterpreter, the Palo Duro State Park Education Director to encourage it to keep it. I encourage other people to do the same if they also think that it is important to keep this cache alive.

      Below is the text that I sent.

      Arnaud.

      Dear ParkInterpreter,

      Please do not remove the geocache GC17D Lighthouse. This one of the very first geocaches in Texas and in a beautiful location. It would be very sad to see this one removed.

      As the State Parks currently struggle for funding, geocachers are strong supporters of the Park System and caches like this one encourage people to be members of the Texas State Parks.

      I hope that the misunderstading about this cache can be resolved. I am looking forward to visit the Palo Duro area specifically to find this cache.

      Thanks for all the State Parks do in support of geocaching.

      Arnaud Mathieu - Geocacher SoaringEagle from Austin.