Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Sometimes Island caches -- get out th ere soon!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2012
      There's a website with the lake level as well.... http://travis.uslakes.info/Level.asp
      I googled it from my smartphone when we were guesstimating the depths.... so at 630.82 feet the crossing is 3 or so feet deep. If it drops to 627 or even 628, easy splash across.....

      Had it not been so chilly, we would have gone for it.... but hypothermia doesn't mix with caching.
      So much for 'Once in a While' Penninsula. (But I'd rather have the water!)