Texas Challenge Update 2-4-12

  • electric_water_boy
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2012
      Just a few weeks ago we were wondering if we would reach Mega status. Now we're just shy of 700 registered! There are more kids signed up for kiddie camp than are on some teams.

      Because of insurance and other logistical reasons, the total number of players will be limited to 500. So, if you want to play and haven't registered you better hurry up and get registered. If you registered as a player and are now thinking maybe you don't really want to play, please go change your registration and free up a slot for someone who does want to play.

      For those going and not playing there will be plenty to do. You can support CenTex by helping load GPSrs, help solve the puzzles, aide with communication - hey, we have a job for you! But also while we're running around in the whatever is up there, there will be other things going on that you may want to participate in. And there's always kiddie camp that could use some help.

      Safety - I'll be preaching all my usual safety stuff. Even if it is going to be late, turn in your scorecard. That will be the way that the event staff will know that everyone made it in. Cache in groups, with at least one GPSr in the group if you're with cell phone users. Take extra batteries, water, and some snacks. Turn on your tracking. There will be plenty more to come on this subject. Be safe!

      Path Tags (and other stuff) - More have been ordered. Web site sales won't be turned back on until we have them in our hands, so that may not happen. If not, and they get in on time (I suspect they will), then we'll have them at the Challenge. I threw in my two cents that even if we ordered 1,000 of the Mega path tags, they'd all be gone in a heart beat.

      That's it for now. It's late.

      EWB - Tom