Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] A little about Fry's history OT but not really

  • Peter K. Simmang
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2012
      As many times as I've been there, how have I not looked to see if there's a cache???   I just figured all of their stores had the piano...  Thanks for the lesson!

      On Feb 4, 2012, at 12:35, JestrrRulz <jestrrrulz@...> wrote:

      A few weeks ago, I found GC2RY14 Very Large Piano. Well curious as to why the piano is there, I asked a sales person. He said that it represented Austin's music capital history. Then it dawned on me that there were music notes all over the walls. (things you see without seeing) The pictures posted around the walls, particularly in the computer department are all taken at Austin venues.

      Justin (sales person) also used to work at the Clearlake store around NASA. That store is space themed. He said it is worth stopping by just to look as there is a model of the ISS hanging in the rafters. He said it is pretty awesome.

      So chalk another thing learned while caching (sort of). Oh yeah and I saved $45 on a printer since Fry's price matches Internet prices such as Amazon, Best Buy, etc.

    • Jay Bingham
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2012

        Every Fry’s Store has a different theme.

        Here is a link to the official history and list of stores and themes: http://www.frys.com/isp/history.html

        Here is a link to the Wikipedia article which contains additional information and some pictures of store fronts: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fry%27s_Electronics

        I have not thought to look for the cache while there either.

        --- Jay - Bing-GTX
        |+| Georgetown , TX USA
        --- “What you see depends mainly on what you are looking for.”

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2012
          I've been to the one in Clear Lake, it's awesome, the diner is neat.  I guess I'll have to visit them all.  Sounds like a bucket list!
          Nanblocker/Nancy

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2012
            Sounds like a cache series to me! LOL

            Jeri / JestrRulz

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 5, 2012
              I think I've been to one in the Dallas area that has a bunch of longhorn cattle on the roof above the entrance. There are even cow noises as you walk in!

              -Angelika/Bicycle_Junkie