Re: The Texas Challenge Team needs your help.

  • Melanie
    Message 1 of 56 , Feb 1, 2012
      And so an idea was born!

      It's hard to believe it has been 6 years since we first began work on this design. I still love it and think it fits Central Texas Geocachers quite well. Log onto the actual Yahoo group and do a search for "T-Shirt". The story starts Jan 24, 2006 with the post below.

      Yes, I created the design. BUT there was a lot of input from lots of cachers - some who we no longer hear from anymore.

      I do NOT want this design to go "commercial"! I DO want the cachers of Central Texas to feel free to use the logo with the following restrictions.

      1 - It's for Geocaching or Geocaching related use only - specifically CenTex. A ball team with this on their uniform would NOT make me happy (unless it was all CenTex geocachers).

      2 - Don't change it! The only adaption would be adding an apostrophe with a Sharpie in "YALL". The reason? - There's history there and I'd like it to stay there. Again, read through the posts and you'll see the discussion - quite entertaining. Or you can ask me and I'll give you the short story.

      3 - Keep it clean. As in "G" rated. Getting a geocaching t-shirt or hat dirty is probably the best thing that can happen to it.

      4 - Do NOT take ownership of it. I don't even think that I completely own it. It is a product of constructive discussion and criticism from this group though I actually put the thing on paper (and then a T-shirt or 2).

      5 - Make absolutely NO profit from it. I actually lose money every time I have a batch of shirts run. That is one reason why I have not put forward the suggestion of having a batch run for the upcoming Challenge - the money just ain't there this year.

      and that is my 2 cents.

      Melanie
      (ACCLanMan)

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Mefford" <kmefford@...> wrote:

      > Then of course, that begs the next question...will CenTex have custom
      > shirts?????

    • Melanie
      Message 56 of 56 , Feb 1, 2012