Re: logo

  • alex
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "moosiegirltx" <candylind@...> wrote:

      > Did anyone ever reply about this, Joseph? Are you talking about the logo on the tee shirts? I doubt there's a problem using it, but if you want to go straight to the source, Melanie (ACCLanMan) designed it.

      Somewhat similar to my EU Geocoin design that was issued some six months prior. :))

      https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQINFN0jUtzukIKXFSmn3BCPDUdMD-Qbl4Ei17eRFF_9L4SKYye0A

      Alex (Slytherin)
    • alex
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
        Here is where the idea for the final design came from:

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
          That was part of a week long thread.
          I have designs with the spiral play saying, for example, thank you in multiple languages (without having seen your coin, Alex). Influences sleet through the universe all the time. Amazing how a single concept will initiate itself with several artists, almost simultaneously. Possibly due to fashion, something glimpsed, shared cultural reference, yada yada yada.

          But I say again THIS IMAGE, as is on the t-shirt, is Mel's. And she's kind enough (with permission) to let us use it. I know a lot of people use it on cache pages and so forth, so the assumption that it's the 'official' CenTex logo and therefore the group's to employ/control/make free use of is... understandable. And, on the whole, no problemo -- but it's still courtesy to ask. And, better still, to realize we SHOULD ask.

          So now you know.

          -B =I'll spare you the treatise on intellectual property, yada yada = Tygress

          Here is where the idea for the final design came from:

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "alex" <alex@...> wrote:

          > Somewhat similar to my EU Geocoin design that was issued some six months prior. :))
          >
          > https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQINFN0jUtzukIKXFSmn3BCPDUdMD-Qbl4Ei17eRFF_9L4SKYye0A
          >
          > Alex (Slytherin)

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional