Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: logo

Expand Messages
  • alex
    ... Somewhat similar to my EU Geocoin design that was issued some six months prior. :))
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
    • 0 Attachment
      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "moosiegirltx" <candylind@...> wrote:
      >
      > Did anyone ever reply about this, Joseph? Are you talking about the logo on the tee shirts? I doubt there's a problem using it, but if you want to go straight to the source, Melanie (ACCLanMan) designed it.
      >

      Somewhat similar to my EU Geocoin design that was issued some six months prior. :))

      https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQINFN0jUtzukIKXFSmn3BCPDUdMD-Qbl4Ei17eRFF_9L4SKYye0A

      Alex (Slytherin)
    • gumbietygress@juno.com
      It s not what WE think, Greg. It s what MELANIE thinks.The logo is hers. Permission is HERS not OURS to give. We enjoy it by her grace. (And, THANK YOU,
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
      • 0 Attachment
        It's not what WE think, Greg. It's what MELANIE thinks.
        The logo is hers. Permission is HERS not OURS to give. We enjoy it by her grace. (And, THANK YOU, MEL!!!)
        So explain what you intend to use it for, ask Melanie nicely, and abide by what she says.
        This is not a group decision.
         
        BarbJ =and I am unanimous in that= Tygress

        ---------- Original Message ----------
        From: Greg Jewett <geojewett@...>
        To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] logo
        Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 09:38:30 -0600

        My vote -- if it is group related, no personal gain (like selling the flags) and used to promote the group at events, etc..

         
        NO PROBLEM!!   What do you all think?


        Greg Jewett
        Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
        (512) 627-7290
        geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
        http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
        Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree
         




        On Jan 31, 2012, at 15:25 , moosiegirltx wrote:

        Did anyone ever reply about this, Joseph? Are you talking about the logo on the tee shirts? I doubt there's a problem using it, but if you want to go straight to the source, Melanie (ACCLanMan) designed it.

        I think it would be neat to have a flag we could take to big events, so I hope this works out. :)

        Candy


        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "joseph p" <thewoodman1972@...> wrote:
        the centx logo can i put it on a flag, or would that be copy wrighting. i was thinking of trying to get a 3x5 flag or so done. just need to make sure this is okay.




        ------------------------------------

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
           http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralTexasGeocachers/

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralTexasGeocachers/join
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           CentralTexasGeocachers-digest@yahoogroups.com
           CentralTexasGeocachers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
           CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

        <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

         



        ____________________________________________________________
        Groupon™ Official Site
        1 ridiculously huge coupon a day. Get 50-90% off your city's best!
        Groupon.com
      • Nathaniel D
        To add to this, she s already come to a resolution with Joseph about is. ~~Nathaniel grn beret 2b On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 11:16 AM, gumbietygress@juno.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
        • 0 Attachment
          To add to this, she's already come to a resolution with Joseph about is.

          ~~Nathaniel
          grn beret 2b

          On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 11:16 AM, gumbietygress@... <gumbietygress@...> wrote:
           

          It's not what WE think, Greg. It's what MELANIE thinks.
          The logo is hers. Permission is HERS not OURS to give. We enjoy it by her grace. (And, THANK YOU, MEL!!!)
          So explain what you intend to use it for, ask Melanie nicely, and abide by what she says.
          This is not a group decision.
           
          BarbJ =and I am unanimous in that= Tygress


          ---------- Original Message ----------
          From: Greg Jewett <geojewett@...>
          To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] logo
          Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 09:38:30 -0600

          My vote -- if it is group related, no personal gain (like selling the flags) and used to promote the group at events, etc..

           
          NO PROBLEM!!   What do you all think?


          Greg Jewett
          Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
          geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
          http://geocaching.ejewett.com/
          Don't print this e-mail unless it's necessary. Save a tree
           




          On Jan 31, 2012, at 15:25 , moosiegirltx wrote:

          Did anyone ever reply about this, Joseph? Are you talking about the logo on the tee shirts? I doubt there's a problem using it, but if you want to go straight to the source, Melanie (ACCLanMan) designed it.

          I think it would be neat to have a flag we could take to big events, so I hope this works out. :)

          Candy


          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "joseph p" <thewoodman1972@...> wrote:
          the centx logo can i put it on a flag, or would that be copy wrighting. i was thinking of trying to get a 3x5 flag or so done. just need to make sure this is okay.




          ------------------------------------

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
             http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralTexasGeocachers/

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralTexasGeocachers/join
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
             CentralTexasGeocachers-digest@yahoogroups.com
             CentralTexasGeocachers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
             CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

          <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

           



          ____________________________________________________________
          Groupon&#8482 Official Site
          1 ridiculously huge coupon a day. Get 50-90% off your city's best!
          Groupon.com

        • alex
          Here is where the idea for the final design came from: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralTexasGeocachers/message/14889
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
          • 0 Attachment
            Here is where the idea for the final design came from:
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralTexasGeocachers/message/14889



            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "alex" <alex@...> wrote:

            >
            > Somewhat similar to my EU Geocoin design that was issued some six months prior. :))
            >
            > https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQINFN0jUtzukIKXFSmn3BCPDUdMD-Qbl4Ei17eRFF_9L4SKYye0A
            >
            > Alex (Slytherin)
            >
          • gumbietygress@juno.com
            That was part of a week long thread.I have designs with the spiral play saying, for example, thank you in multiple languages (without having seen your coin,
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
            • 0 Attachment
              That was part of a week long thread.
              I have designs with the spiral play saying, for example, thank you in multiple languages (without having seen your coin, Alex). Influences sleet through the universe all the time. Amazing how a single concept will initiate itself with several artists, almost simultaneously. Possibly due to fashion, something glimpsed, shared cultural reference, yada yada yada.
               
              But I say again THIS IMAGE, as is on the t-shirt, is Mel's. And she's kind enough (with permission) to let us use it. I know a lot of people use it on cache pages and so forth, so the assumption that it's the 'official' CenTex logo and therefore the group's to employ/control/make free use of is... understandable. And, on the whole, no problemo -- but it's still courtesy to ask. And, better still, to realize we SHOULD ask.
               
              So now you know.
               
              -B =I'll spare you the treatise on intellectual property, yada yada = Tygress

              ---------- Original Message ----------
              From: "alex" <alex@...>
              To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: logo
              Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 18:23:34 -0000

              Here is where the idea for the final design came from:
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralTexasGeocachers/message/14889



              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "alex" <alex@...> wrote:

              >
              > Somewhat similar to my EU Geocoin design that was issued some six months prior. :))
              >
              > https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQINFN0jUtzukIKXFSmn3BCPDUdMD-Qbl4Ei17eRFF_9L4SKYye0A
              >
              > Alex (Slytherin)
              >




              ------------------------------------

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
                 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralTexasGeocachers/

              <*> Your email settings:
                 Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                 http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CentralTexasGeocachers/join
                 (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                 CentralTexasGeocachers-digest@yahoogroups.com
                 CentralTexasGeocachers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                 CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

              <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/


              ____________________________________________________________
              53 Year Old Mom Looks 33
              The Stunning Results of Her Wrinkle Trick Has Botox Doctors Worried
              consumerproducts.com
            Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.