Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] logo

  • Greg Jewett
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
      My vote -- if it is group related, no personal gain (like selling the flags) and used to promote the group at events, etc..

      NO PROBLEM!!   What do you all think?

      Greg Jewett
      Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
      (512) 627-7290
      geojewett (at) geocachingaustin.com
      http://geocaching.ejewett.com/

      On Jan 31, 2012, at 15:25 , moosiegirltx wrote:

      Did anyone ever reply about this, Joseph? Are you talking about the logo on the tee shirts? I doubt there's a problem using it, but if you want to go straight to the source, Melanie (ACCLanMan) designed it.

      I think it would be neat to have a flag we could take to big events, so I hope this works out. :)

      Candy

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "joseph p" <thewoodman1972@...> wrote:

      the centx logo can i put it on a flag, or would that be copy wrighting. i was thinking of trying to get a 3x5 flag or so done. just need to make sure this is okay.

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:

    • alex
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "moosiegirltx" <candylind@...> wrote:

        > Did anyone ever reply about this, Joseph? Are you talking about the logo on the tee shirts? I doubt there's a problem using it, but if you want to go straight to the source, Melanie (ACCLanMan) designed it.

        Somewhat similar to my EU Geocoin design that was issued some six months prior. :))

        https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQINFN0jUtzukIKXFSmn3BCPDUdMD-Qbl4Ei17eRFF_9L4SKYye0A

        Alex (Slytherin)
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
          It's not what WE think, Greg. It's what MELANIE thinks.
          The logo is hers. Permission is HERS not OURS to give. We enjoy it by her grace. (And, THANK YOU, MEL!!!)
          So explain what you intend to use it for, ask Melanie nicely, and abide by what she says.
          This is not a group decision.

          BarbJ =and I am unanimous in that= Tygress

[...]

          Groupon™ Official Site
          Groupon.com
        • Nathaniel D

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
              Here is where the idea for the final design came from:

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
                That was part of a week long thread.
                I have designs with the spiral play saying, for example, thank you in multiple languages (without having seen your coin, Alex). Influences sleet through the universe all the time. Amazing how a single concept will initiate itself with several artists, almost simultaneously. Possibly due to fashion, something glimpsed, shared cultural reference, yada yada yada.

                But I say again THIS IMAGE, as is on the t-shirt, is Mel's. And she's kind enough (with permission) to let us use it. I know a lot of people use it on cache pages and so forth, so the assumption that it's the 'official' CenTex logo and therefore the group's to employ/control/make free use of is... understandable. And, on the whole, no problemo -- but it's still courtesy to ask. And, better still, to realize we SHOULD ask.

                So now you know.

                -B =I'll spare you the treatise on intellectual property, yada yada = Tygress

                Here is where the idea for the final design came from:

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "alex" <alex@...> wrote:

                > Somewhat similar to my EU Geocoin design that was issued some six months prior. :))
                >
                > https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQINFN0jUtzukIKXFSmn3BCPDUdMD-Qbl4Ei17eRFF_9L4SKYye0A
                >
                > Alex (Slytherin)

                <*> Your email settings:
                   Individual Email | Traditional