Groundspeak Reviewer Wiki Site

  • semperquestio
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 26, 2012
      Hi gang.

      I picked up on a link in a forum post and it led me to something I'd not seen before. Some of you probably have, but I'd be willing to be most are in the same boat as me, so here it is...

      This is the reviewers publicly accessible Wiki page:
      https://wiki.groundspeak.com/display/GEO/Home

      The dashboard of the Wiki shows the latest updates:
      https://wiki.groundspeak.com/dashboard.action

      Of particular interest to us would be the Texas page:
      https://wiki.groundspeak.com/display/GEO/Texas

      I found it interesting that Prime recently (12/20) updated it with this trespassing law info I had never heard before:

      "Texas originated the use of a stripe of purple paint as a legal substitute for a posted No Trespassing sign. This allows for a quick and inexpensive method of posting large areas of land. If you see purple paint on posts, poles, or trees, they are legally the equivalent of No Trespassing signage, and should be treated as such. Many other states have since adopted this same law."

      I have not dug into it much beyond that yet, so I don't know what other info is in there that may be of particular use.

      SQ

      *Required statement:
      "These regional land policies came from wiki.groundspeak.com and are used with permission from Groundspeak, Inc."
    • Esther Lopez
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 26, 2012
        Thanks SQ! That is great info!

        Esther/BGTx

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 26, 2012

          Interesting.  I’ll have to watch out for purple painted areas now!

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 26, 2012
            I too did not know this!  I have added this information to our website.

            IF ANYONE see anything like this, please take picture and let me know, so we can post examples to the website! :-)

            Greg Jewett
            Geocacher Handle:  GeoJewett
            (512) 627-7290       greg (at) ejewett.com

            On Jan 26, 2012, at 10:56 , Gary Eckhardt wrote:

[...]

          • electric_water_boy
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 26, 2012
              I learned about the purple paint thing a few weeks ago when I was out putting up signs for a permit renewal. The guy I was helping told me about that when I saw one of our gates had purple on it. I thought it had been tagged until he explained that we put it there and why. Researched the deal. It's not just Texas, but a big chunk of the country.

              EWB - Tom

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 26, 2012
                Tom.. Paul just sent a photo and lots of info.   If you find more info, can you please let me know?

                Greg Jewett
                Solutions Consultant / Developer

                On Jan 26, 2012, at 13:00 , electric_water_boy wrote:

[...]

                <*> Your email settings:
                   Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                   (Yahoo! ID required)